Intense smokey eye makeup
Try this easy technique to achieve the intense smokey eye makeup.
Smokey eye makeup looks gorgeous on ANYONE! You can carry it off for a party, a wedding function or even during the day for lunch with your friends. This look in particular is for women who love to party and have a great time with their friends and family. If you are going clubbing this Saturday night, don’t forget to try out this look!
Product Description —
MAC Smolder pencil
MAC Deep Truth eye shadow
MAC Ricepaper eye shadow (highlighter)
Faces Solid Black kajal (waterline & eyeliner)
MAC Embark (filling eye brows)
MAC Studio fix fluid NC37
Kryolan FS22 concealer
B&D Loose powder
MAC Cork+Embark (contour)
MAC Peach blush from Tartan Tale Collection (Limited Edition)
MAC Impassioned Lipstick
Estee Lauder Lip gloss
MAC #7 Lashes
MAC #219 Pencil brush
MAC #217 Blending brush
Vega angled brush
Sigma Stippling foundation brush
OVQ Lip brush
Here are some pointers that will help you get through a smokey eye makeup successfully –
- When doing a smokey eye, always remember to do the eye makeup first and then the base and foundation. If you do it the other way round, you’ll be wasting a lot of product and precious time in cleaning the under eye area and redoing the whole base and concealer!
- Smokey eye doesn’t always have to be black – yes, the base is black but different colors can be worn over it. Like a green, purple, copper, bronze, gold etc.
- If you are a beginner at doing the smokey eye, I’d suggest that you use a black kajal pencil as the base as it will be easy to blend. Alternately, you could also use a gel eyeliner in place of the pencil and smudge. The basic idea here is to use something that is extremely creamy and blendable.
- The key to a beautiful smokey eye is BLENDING! Invest in a good blending brush and blend all the lines away!
- Never team up your smokey eyes with a red lip or a dark/bright lipstick unless you are taking part in a photo shoot or you are walking the ramp for a fashion show! Smokey eye makeup looks best when paired with a nude beige or pink lipstick.
- False lashes are a great way to make the eyes look more ‘open’. If you find it hard putting them on, simply choose a mascara that says ‘volumizing’ and apply 2-3 coats of it! It’ll give you a similar false lash effect.
Remember that a smokey eye doesn’t have to look perfect. It can look messy too but don’t forget – a blended messy 🙂