Neutral eyes lined with Teal
Think you can’t carry off bright colors? Watch this to understand how just a little bit of color can add a spark to your look
MAC Sumptuous Olive eye shadow
MAC All that Glitters eye shadow
MAC Gesso eye shadow (highlighter)
MAC Cork eye shadow
MAC Engraved power point pencil
MAC Carbon eye shadow
MAC So there Jade eye pencil
Maybelline Hyper curl mascara
MAC Peaches blush
MAC Capricious lipstick
Chanel clear lip gloss
Lord & Berry flat eye shadow brush
Sigma E45 tapered blending brush
Vega angled brush
MAC #129 blush brush
QVS lip brush
Steps to follow when doing a neutral eye makeup —
1. Finish up the skincare and foundation first as you’d be using very light eye shadow colors and most probably will not have much fall-outs. Always begin with a clean canvas.
- Women with dry skin – start by applying a heavy moisturizer (so that your skin doesn’t look flaky after foundation), foundation, concealer (if required) and finally dab a tad bit of powder to set the concealer under the eyes. Remember not to over do this step as you don’t want your skin looking parched.
- For those of you with combination skin, apply moisturizer only on areas that are dry and blend with fingers. Follow up with foundation and concealer and powder only on the T-zone (oily area) and to set the concealer.
- Finally, women with oily skin can apply a water based moisturizer followed by foundation, concealer and the most important part – powder to stop the skin from looking greasy.
2. Don’t forget to use an eye shadow primer before starting with the eye makeup to help the eye shadow stay longer.
Always use a transition color (a shade closest to your skin tone) when blending out two or three different shades. This makes the gradation of color appear seamless.
4. Remember to set your black liner with black eye shadow. You’ll be surprised at what this small step can do to your eyes.
5. To add a pop of color, I chose a light blue and applied it on the lower lash line. Any bright color would look good – green, light purple or even bright gold.
6. Since the look is all about nudes and neutrals, use flesh toned lipsticks with loads of gloss!