5 DIY natural beauty recipes for winter special lip balms
by Mansi Kohli
This winter, try out these amazing and delicious DIY natural beauty recipes for lips!
Let the lips do the talking, allowing it to speak of happiness and health this winter! For those of you who suffer from persistent dry and chapped lips so severe, we understand the pain and embarrassment; sometimes smiling with cracked lips can be a painful affair too. We would like to help you bring back those smiles, and this time show you how to make your own lip balm using five DIY natural beauty recipes.
5 Famous five DIY natural beauty recipes that promise to keep the lips healthy and supple are:
1. Trilogy Lip Balm – Why do we call this lip balm amongst the many DIY natural beauty recipes a trilogy? Simply because it needs only three ingredients and you have your own natural lip balm ready. For this lip balm to make you would need half a cup of beeswax, two tablespoons coconut oil and a teaspoon of almond oil. Start by placing a double boiler pan on boiling hot water, into which shall go the beeswax and coconut oil. For a couple of seconds as the two melt, stir them well. Remove the mix from the flame and add the almond oil to it. Give it a good stir for a second or two and quickly pour it into a lip balm container. Allow it to cool and set it thereafter in the freezer to solidify.
2. Strawberry Lip Balm Recipe – We dare you not to lick your lips after applying this particular lip balm, since it has the flavor of strawberries in it. For this recipe that contains plenty of antioxidants, you would need half a cup of beeswax, a tablespoon each of cocoa butter and strawberry oil, half a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of almond oil. Start by placing a double boiler pan on boiling hot water, into which shall go the cocoa butter, beeswax and all the oils. For a couple of seconds stir them well. Remove the mix from the flame and quickly pour it into a lip balm container. Allow it to cool and set it thereafter in the freezer to solidify.
3. Green Tea Lip Balm – Plenty of antioxidants would be needed to fight the onslaught of free radicals on our skin, especially the lips that have no oil glands of their own to keep them soft and moist. Let’s use green tea to curate our own lip balm, shall we? For this recipe you would need half a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil, a tablespoon of beeswax and three tablespoons of green tea leaves. First place a large deep pan on low flame, into which you shall place the beeswax and coconut oil. Stir the two well and remove from flame when you feel it is warm. In a mason jar, sprinkle green tea leaves and wait for the oil mix to cool to room temperature. Pour the oil mix now into the mason jar which has the green leaves strewn at its bottom; allow the mix to remain for three hours that way. Your lip balm is ready.
4. Minty Lip Balm – Fancy a little minty touch to the lips to keep you feeling fresh all day long? Try the mint, grapefruit and honey lip balm, which is one of the best DIY natural beauty recipes to use. For this recipe you would need half a cup of beeswax, three tablespoons of coconut oil, a tablespoon of almond oil, a teaspoon of honey and five drops of grapefruit oil, along with fifteen drops of peppermint oil. First place a large deep pan on low flame, into which you shall place the beeswax and the oils mentioned. Stir them well and remove from flame. To this, you shall add the honey and give it another stir for a couple of seconds. For the final move, you shall now add the peppermint drops and the grapefruit oil; pouring it immediately without a stir into a lip balm container. A minty lip balm would be yours in three hours when the mix is left in the freezer to set.
5. Orange Vanilla Lip Balm: Vitamin C from the orange and antioxidants from vanilla extracts; a perfect combo to beat the wintry chapped lip problem, isn’t it? For this recipe, you would need a tablespoon each of coconut oil and calendula infused olive oil, two teaspoons each of beeswax and shea butter, eight drops of orange oil and quart teaspoon vanilla essence. Start by melting the beeswax and coconut oil in a large deep pan over a low flame. Stir well for a couple of seconds, to which now you shall add the shea butter. Stir once again and gently remove from the fire. Pour the orange oil and vanilla essence into the mix, and give it a good stir. While the mix is still warm, pour into it the calendula olive oil and stir one last time. Pour contents into a lip balm container and let it set.
We hope you loved the five among the many DIY natural beauty recipes on lip balms to make at home and try? If you have your own lip balm recipes to share, do write in because we are listening!
You might also like: