by Aarti Kapur Singh
This Baisakhi, look stunning with our highly recommended quick and easy eye makeup tips!
Eyes are the most important features on the face. They help you communicate and can show if you’re tired, alert, sad or in a celebratory mood. This Baisakhi, let the focus be on your beautiful eyes – make them stand out. Define your eyes using makeup. Proper application of eye makeup is a useful skill that can both impress your peers and help you look and feel your best. But all that mascara, liner, shadow, contour, and highlight can get rather overwhelming sometimes. Here are some incredible tricks that not only make your eyes look gorgeous.
1. Cleaning, prepping and concealing: Wash your whole face with a gentle cleanser or makeup wipe before you begin, paying particular attention to any leftover mascara or eyeliner. If you’re having trouble removing residual eye makeup, try using cold water or regular lotion on a cotton swab. If you have dry skin around your eyes rub a little moisturizer underneath your eyes, as well as between the outer corners of your eyes and your temples. Don’t put moisturizer on your eyelids – this will make them greasy, and the makeup you apply will run off.
Apply primer to your eyelids to smoothen out your skin and give the makeup something to stick to. Apply the primer all over your eyelid and up to the brow bone. Concealer evens out the skin tone around your eyes. Apply concealer to dark under-eye circles and to the area where your inner eye meets your nose. Use your fingers or a concealer brush to blend the makeup outward to your cheekbones and nose. Set the concealer by brushing a loose, flesh-toned powder over it; apply some powder to your eyelids, as well.
2. Applying eye shadow: You can either play safe with one color, or, if you are confident, apply several. But if you do use more than one color, don’t forget to blend them and smudge the lines. Use your fingers or a fluffy, tapered blending brush to mix the colors a bit. This will create a more natural, cohesive look. Do remember to use tape to prevent eye shadow fallout that messes up the area under the eyes. To stop this from happening, place a small piece of tape under your eyes, then peel it off after you’re done with your eye makeup.
3. Make the eyes look bigger: Curl your eyelashes to make your eyes look bigger. Applying mascara is an easy way to define your eyes, but using a lash curler truly opens them up. Just make sure you’re using the curler before applying mascara, or you could wind up pulling out your lashes. A smokey eye is an instant make up hit. But to add drama to your ethnic Baisakhi look, reverse the smokiness and put it along your bottom lash line instead of the top. This will also give an instant definition to your eyes.
4. Nude liner: Make your eyes look more awake with nude liner. Simply apply a creamy nude or even white eyeliner along the bottom waterline to get instant brightness.
5. Lift those brows: Give your brows an instant lift with a white pencil. If you want your eyes to look more awake and your brows to look more defined, apply a white eyeliner underneath your brows along your brow bone, then blend.
6. Bright colored liner: Instead of using basic black or brown, go for a nude or bright color (white, blue, green etc) and use it to line your lower lids. They make your eyes appear whiter, brighter and more attractive. You need not buy eyeliner in every color. If you want a unique shade, simply wet a liner brush and make a paste with powder eye shadow to get all possible shades!
You might also like: