30 stunning mehandi designs by amazing creative artists
Use of mehandi or henna is a sign of good luck and festive occasion. Originally used for celebratory occasions, today mehandi designs have become a chic temporary tattoo. This post is intended for Zuri readers who maybe about to get married and looking for some mehandi design inspiration. These works of art are not created by me but are the ones that gave me most joy while researching this post for my readers. These designs are works of 2 remarkable mehandi artists namely Suhana and Shezina.
Use only safe henna or mehandi powder
Just a few words of caution for would be brides:
- Remember that 100% pure mehandi/henna which is traditional and derived from plants, has been used for thousands of years, and is the ONLY safe mehandi/henna. This mehandi gives out a color that is orange, burgundy, brown or coffee.
- Black mehandi/henna is never safe. Using it will put your skin at risk. Remember, pure mehandi/henna derived from plants is never black!
- Some mehandi/henna artists use camphor or white flour oil to get a dark stain. Avoid this. Try to stick to pure mehandi/henna without additional oils or additives of any kind.
How to make the stain of your mehandi designs last longer
And finally some tips for making mehandi/henna last longer:
- The faster you exfoliate the faster the mehandi design will fade.
- Adding a natural mix of lemon juice and sugar would make it last longer.
- But the most simple would be to keep the mehandi/henna overnight without putting hands in water (this can become cumbersome, but it’s totally worth it).
- A little bit of heat also helps.
You might also like: