Lipstick – Application technique and how to make it last longer on the lips
Part 1 of this series, covered different textures of lipsticks that you can apply. Part 2 covered choosing lipstick colors according to your skin tone. It discussed how to determine the skin tone as well as picking the lipstick shades to go with your particular tone. The third and final part of the’ how to apply lipstick’ series covers a solution to a common problem, how to get your lipstick to stay on longer. Many of you might be facing the problem of lipstick vanishing from your lips when you eat or drink something. There is a pretty easy way to stop that from happening.
Follow these 6 easy steps and you’ll have your lipstick on all day (or night!).
1. The key to an even and lasting lipstick application is a good base. Lipstick won’t stick to dry, flakey lips. Exfoliate with a gentle scrub to remove any dry skin. Make sure that your lips are not too dry. If they are, simply apply some lip balm before you begin applying any makeup on your face. This will allow the balm to really work in moisturizing the lips for a good amount of time.
2. When it’s time to work on the lips, gently take off all the lip balm with the help of a tissue and run through a little bit of foundation over your lips which will work as a base for the lipstick.
3. Apply a lip pencil which is a color similar to the lipstick shade that you have chosen. Don’t forget to fill in to the corner edges of the lips.
6. Apply another coat of lipstick with the brush. This time take a single ply of tissue and place it over the lipstick and run some loose powder with a fluffy brush. This will make your lipstick super matte and will give it a velvet feel. Voila! You are done!
You can apply lip gloss over your lipsticks but beware! The gloss is surely going to come off… but the lipstick will still stay on. A quick tip when applying lip gloss – don’t lock your lips after you’ve applied gloss, it would spread all over very easily!
*Fun Lipstick Trivia*
- By the 1960’s if women dint wear lipstick, they were suspected of mental illness or lesbianism.
- The average woman will use 1.8-4 kgs of lipstick in her lifetime (I am shocked! *Feeling dizzy*).
- Lipstick is the most commonly shop-lifted item (no surprise there-they’re so gorgeous and tiny :P).
- The MAC Aids fund was established in 1994 to support men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS globally. They came up with MAC Viva Glam lipsticks and many celebrities have endorsed the Viva Glam products like Lady Gaga, Cyndi Lauper, Elton John, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera and many more (love MAC even more now? :))
- Toothpaste is the best product that helps remove lipstick stains off clothes (it actually works, try it).
You might also like:
- Review – Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in Mr Lover
- Review – Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick 07 – Rethink Pink
- Glossy lip makeup inspiration to make you look stunning
- Review – SUGAR IT’S A-POUT TIME! VIVID LIPSTICK – CORALINE IN THE CITY (ORANGE-CORAL)
- How to wear makeup that goes with your lip color