This bridal season, try out this look on your own or ask your makeup artist to do it on you – Bridal makeup tutorial for an Indian bride
They say ‘marriages are made in heaven’! But the weddings and rituals are performed on earth for which the preparations begin from the day it is decided that the boy and girl are to be married. The wedding outfits, venue, makeup artist, mehndi artist, hairstyles etc. all need to be taken care of much before the date so that almost nothing is left for later.
This bridal makeup tutorial is dedicated to all the brides who want to look their BEST for their wedding function. This look is in shades of gold, maroon, red and many other shades that will help bring out the glow and innocence of a bride.
The steps followed to achieve this look are quite simple, and are listed below. The video of course gives a detailed explanation on how to do each step.
- Begin with prepping the skin with moisturizer.
- Start by applying a lip balm.
- Begin with eye makeup so that you can clean up fallouts with a makeup remover later.
- Apply eye primer and follow up with a rich gold pigment.
- Add a cranberry shade in the outer corner of the eye up until the crease. To intensify the corner a bit more, apply black eye shadow on the outer corner only.
- Apply a highlighter on the brow bone.
- Fill the eyebrows with a matte brown shade.
- Add some glitter glue on the eyeball and follow up with glitters.
- Apply kajal and then some gel eyeliner with a pointed tip brush and wing it out if you’d like.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
- Clean the eye shadow fallout’s with a cotton pad and makeup remover and then begin with the foundation routine.
- Apply face primer.
- Add foundation and concealer and finish up with a loose powder.
- Contour the cheeks. Apply blush and highlighter.
- Go back to the eyes and smudge some black eyeshadow below the waterline to intensify the kajal even further.
- Add some gold pigment in the inner corner so that eye is highlighted even further.
- Moving on to lips, take off lip balm with a tissue and line the entire lips with a lip pencil.
- Top it over with the same color lipstick and a lip gloss if required.
I hope that you liked this look. Do subscribe to my channel – there are tons of exciting videos to come.
Below are the products used from my makeup kit.Feel free to swap any of the products with the stuff you have at home—
MAC Paintpot ‘Let me pop’
MAC pigment ‘Old gold’
MAC Cranberry eye shadow
MAC Carbon eye shadow
MAC Ricepaper eye shadow (highlight)
MAC Embark & Cork eye shadow (eye brows)
Kryolan glitter glue
Glitters (don’t remember the brand)
Faces Solid black kajal
Loreal 24 hour gel liner
Maybelline Hyper curl mascara
MAC Prep+Prime Skin base visage
MAC Studio Fix fluid NC35
MAC Studio fix powder+foundation NC35
MAC Embark eye shadow (contour)
B&D pink blush
MAC Improper copper (highlight on cheekbones and T-zone)
MAC Burgundy lip pencil
MAC Dubonnet lipstick
Estee Lauder lip gloss