Here are some effective beauty tips for a bride-to-be before all the wedding festivities begin
Weddings can be fun and hectic at the same time. So here I am to help you simplify some things. The video fills you in with every detail on how you can get prepared for your special day. In case if you would like to read it in detail, look below the video.
3 months before D-Day–
- Make sure that you set up trial makeup sessions with different makeup artists and salons so you know what each is offering and then make an informant choice.
1 month before D-Day–
- Facials do not just give a fresh and radiant skin, but they also provide an opportunity to the skin to through out the icky things onto the surface. If it is your first time, make sure you do not get a done the week before your wedding. Enroll for a 3 month series of facials thus making sure that you do not rush your skin into something completely new. If you do not have a lot of time on hand, then get one done 2 weeks before your wedding day.
- If you are planning to wear something strapless, low back or backless, make sure you get your back scrubbed and hydrated to get a smoother look.
- Your crowning glory will make just the right amount of difference to your overall look. Get it trimmed atleast 30 days before the D-day. This helps you get rid of split ends and an uneven cut.
- Make sure to oil your hair frequently in the month before your wedding.
- Get a heat treatment and massage your hair. For quick results, you can visit a hair spa.
- We all struggle with our weight and this is the time when you will be over-fed, but a little bit of care and smartness can make sure that you look your best and your dress drapes effortlessly around you.
- Include a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Drink as much water as you can. Cut down on fried foods and salt intake as they tend to give you a bloated feel.
- If you exercise regularly, nothing like it! Else, follow a light routine with a few yoga poses as you’ll feel less stressed and will be able to burn the extra calories.
- Always get your dress stitched an inch or two extra just in case 🙂
- Avoid stress. Too much stress can get you eating extra and unhealthy which will in-turn result in excessive production of sebum leading to breakouts in the skin.
- Do not indulge in binge eating or drinking.
1 week before D-Day–
- Make sure you are extremely generous with your moisturizer through the week and on the wedding day.
- That 8 glasses of water per day rule is tough to achieve, but don’t ignore it the week of the wedding. It makes a difference. You’ll notice the glow in the photographs.
- Get rid of unwanted facial hair by making a stop at the salon 1 week before the wedding. Get everything done from waxing to threading to full body wax.
- In case you decide to bleach the facial hair, make sure to bleach first and then thread the upper lip. If you do it the other way round, the skin will burn and sting.
- Never get body wax, body scrub and bleach on the same day. Maintain a gap of at least one day between each of these treatments.
- A deep massage with aromatic oils will help soothe your mind and body giving you some moments of calm in the chaos that usually surrounds Indian weddings!
- Finish with manicure, pedicure and foot massage.
- In case you decide on getting nail art done, do it 2 days before the functions begin so that they last through all the functions.
On the day of the wedding–
- Do not condition your hair today. If you have to, then do it the night before else use a detangler spray. If you have extremely curly hair, then condition as usual to prevent frizziness.
- Get the mehndi applied one or two days before the wedding.