Presenting to you, Namrata from Mumbai and her amazing mehndi designs. Enjoy Zuri’s interview with her.
I am so impressed with the amount of talent around! From the time I began interviewing mehndi artists and showcasing their mehndi designs from all over the world – Sumeyya from Chicago, Laraib from Pakistan and very recently Kiran Sahib from London, my email has been flooded with many mehndi artists wanting to display their amazing mehndi designs and be featured here. The first artist I have chosen is Namrata who belongs to Mumbai. This is her story along with her beautiful mehndi designs—
1. Tell us about yourself – when did u begin doing this and how did u think of getting into this line?
I had a natural talent and skill to do mehndi since childhood. I started applying henna when i was 17 years old and my hobby became my profession. My biggest plus point is speed with best finishing & clarity, by which the client does not waste the whole day to get mehndi applied and her excitement does not turn into boredom. My mission is to create awareness about the mehndi art and share this beautiful art to the people.
2. What are your top favorite mehndi designs?
3. What is the most memorable experience you have had while doing mehndi designs – something that has stayed close to your heart and is remembered very fondly?
My most memorable experience was when I applied mehndi to 2 brides and 30 people in one day starting from 7 am till 11 pm.
4. What are your most important tips to take care of mehndi after applied ?
Wash the area to be decorated with a good soap and water. Mehndi should be kept for 2-3 hours till it is fully dry. Scrape off the dry mehndi and do not wash it with water for at least 24 hours, to ensure maximum color. Apply a mixture of lemon and sugar to the dry area. Avoid staying close to the air conditioner as it dries up the mehndi.
5. What is the best way to reach you?
Enjoy mehndi designs by Namrata. (Published with permission of Henna by Namrata. Please don’t use these images without permission from the original source).
You might also like:
- 20 tribal-inspired mehandi designs that will blow your mind
- Stunning mehendi designs by Emma Clarke
- 30 Summer inspired mehendi designs
- Trendy Moroccan Mehendi Designs For All Occasions
- 26 Holi inspired beautiful mehndi designs for new brides