Bridal lehengas inspiration for the 2014 Indian bride
Brides these days are clear with what they want. They know their Sabya from their Malhotra and will not settle for anything other than the best! But when you come to think of it, designer lehengas these days do not come cheap. But with the help of small-time designers and the quick flow of images on the internet, getting the same bridal lehenga made is not at all a nightmare anymore.
Due to a large number of rituals, the wedding ceremonies are spread across multiple days and have become a very expensive affair. And since it’s a once in a lifetime experience, the bride would like to look different for each and every function. Styles, trends and shades of the bridal lehengas have evolved in the past decade hence giving brides the chance to experiment with new fabrics and colors rather than the same old reds, maroons and golds. Today’s designs combine beautiful Indian detailing with modern cuts, minimalistic and elegant embroidery with mature colors.
A bridal lehenga must be chosen keeping in mind the following —
- Understand the body shape – heavy bottom, heavy top, hour glass shape, slim or heavy from all sides shape.
- Determine the skin tone – very fair, fair, dusky with olive undertones or dark skinned.
These 2 pointers will definitely come to your rescue when deciding the bridal lehengas. The design and cut can be customized to the body shape and skin tone so that you look THE BEST on your special day. The next step would be to fix your budget. If on a tight budget, show up some creativity and dig some designs from magazines and hunt for a skillful tailor and get something similar stitched to perfection. Decide the color you’d like to wear and finally choose the fabric that you feel will look best on your body structure. Brides look gorgeous in georgette, silk, chiffon and brocade.
Hope the below images help you decide the best bridal lehengas for your wedding! Don’t forget to click on the individual images to view them bigger.
You might also like –
- 19 Sabyasachi latest bridal collection for brides-to-be
- 23 Mind-blowing mehndi design images for this wedding season
- Top 10 Lehengas for the upcoming wedding season
- 22 Gorgeous designer bridal lehengas and sarees for February weddings
- 20 Intricate mehendi designs for hands and feet