Learn how to wear bold eye shadow colors and look glamorous at the same time
This video is not for the faint-hearted! Not many people I know would want to have a rainbow on their eyes. But there’s no harm in having some fun, right? If you are going for a theme party or taking part in a fashion show, this look would really look outstanding! Have a look —
Product Description —
B&D eye shadow primer
BH Cosmetics 2nd edition eye shadow palette
MAC Fascinating kohl pencil
MAC Siahi fluidline
Maybelline hyper curl mascara
MAC Studio fix fluid NC30
Kryolan concealer FS22
B&D loose powder
MAC Embark+Cork for contouring
MAC So Chaud lipstick
MAC #12 eye lashes
Lord & Berry flat eye shader brush
MAC #217 blending brush
Sigma E45 tapered blending brush
MAC #209 eyeliner brush
Vega angled brush
Sigma F50 Duo fibre buffing brush
Sigma F40 contour brush
OVS lip brush
Some quick tips for you to get the ball rolling —
- In a look like this, where there are so many colors involved, always begin with the eye makeup first. In case if you’re doing it the other way round, i.e. finishing the base and then doing the eyes, apply some loose powder under the eyes just before you begin so that you can easily brush away any fall-outs later. If you do not have loose powder available, use a scotch tape on the shadow particles that have fallen and repeat 3-4 times until the under eye area is squeaky clean.
- Major brands manufacture bright eye shadow colors in a matte texture making it slightly difficult to work with. Using an eye shadow primer is a must for matte shadows as it helps the shadow stick on. Also, to get the color real intense on the eyes, spray some fixing spray on the eye shadow brush for the color to really stand out.
- BLEND out all the lines! Since there were 4 colors involved here, it took me 10 minutes just to blend! So don’t be lazy on this one.
- An eye makeup like this is incomplete without false lashes. If you find them overwhelming, just curl them real well and apply atleast 3 coats of volumizing & lengthening mascara.
- This look can be made more wearable with a nude lip. Stick with the same shades on the eyes but instead of the orange lipstick, wear a beige or pink color.
And finally, if you want to add more colors or reduce a few from this look, please feel free to do so. Remember, makeup is all about having fun and bringing out the artist in you 🙂