by Vaishali Sudan Sharma
Here is a comprehensive how-to guide with tips & tricks for quick makeup on Karwa Chauth
Makeup on Karwa Chauth is a fun thing to do! Married women who observe this ritual really look forward to looking just the best on this day. Gorgeous traditional outfit, mehndi clad hands, lovely hairdo and stunning makeup that completes the festive look. Ah! Such a delight. Not all of us have a lot of time on hands. Here is what I would love to share with you, a few tips & tricks that can really save your time. Look gorgeous in 15 minutes. Here is a comprehensive how-to guide for a glam look this Karwa Chauth.
For your face: 6 minutes
- First and foremost, wash your face with a face wash that suits all skin-type. Zuri recommends – Clean & Clear Foaming facewash.
- Now, moisturize your skin. Gently massage the areas around your eyes and neck. Zuri recommends: Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Cream
- Conceal your skin for a flawless look. Zuri recommends: Lakme Absolute Intense concealer
- Apply a foundation depending on your skin needs. Zuri recommends: The Body Shop – Oil Free Balancing Foundation SPF 15
- Apply a pink or pink blush. Opt for a neutral shade as it goes well with light as well as bright colored outfits. Zuri recommends: Colorbar Pink Pinch Blush OR Rosey Peach blush OR Bronzing Glaze Cheek Illusion Blush
For your eyes: 7 minutes
- You can never go wrong with a bit of golden on this day. Gold glitter eyes create a dramatic effect which is so needed on a day like this one. Zuri recommends a subtle – gold eye shadow on your upper lids and a bit of a shine with a darker tone, perhaps a matte brown on the outer corners. Zuri recommends: Bare Essential True Gold/ M.A.C Golden Gaze
- If you are looking to experiment with the liner which you must, then go for baby winged style. It’s quite easy to do and doesn’t take much time. Besides, it accentuates your eyes giving them a lift. Draw a thin line, where the top and bottom lid meets. For thicker version, line the bottom lash-line. You can also opt for a colour (like white and green). This will make your eyes look even bigger. Zuri recommends: L’Oreal Paris Super Liner-24 Hour Water Proof Gel Liner – Black
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara. Zuri recommends: Lakme Lash Artists Mascara & Lakme Curling Mascara Eyeconic
- Put some black kohl on the waterline. Zuri recommends: Lakme Absolute Kohl Ultimate
For your lips: 2 minutes
- Go bright. Try red, coral, brown or peachy pink. Whatever be the color, definitely line your lips with a lighter hue from the chosen lipstick-shade family. Needless to say that you will keep the color of your attire in mind. Zuri recommends: Maybelline Color Sensational Bold Matte Red 688/M.A.C Lickable/M.A.C Plumful
Hands & Nails: Get this done a day prior to Karwa Chauth
- Karwa Chauth is nothing without the tradition of wearing mehndi. You can choose from three main categories of henna designs, Indian, Arabic and African. Each one with its peculiar motifs, e.g. Indian mehndi ranges from simple dots to complex floral designs. Arabic design comprises of super extended shapes (leaves, veins and flowers) which are not filled. Whereas, African mehndi is all about geometrical shapes. Lines, arrows, squares and dots, which are often arranged in an increasing/decreasing pattern.
- You can opt for a simple nail polish or a nail art design that enhances the look for the day.
- Mehndi inspired nail-art designs are pretty stylish.
- If you are thinking of a simple mehndi design for your hands, then go for a beautiful mehndi inspired stamp and polish for your nails.
- OR get a curling vine mehndi design at the back of your hands and a glossy white nail art
- OR if you are very busy this Karwa Chauth and have no time to get mehndi done on your hands, then, opt for a lavish and intricate mehndi-stirred nail art design.
Go for a trendy hairstyle and don’t forget to accessorize well! Wearing a pretty bindi and colourful bangles that compliment your attire is a must. After all, it’s a stylish soiree to remember!
You might also like: