by Vaishali Sudan Sharma
Sparkly and glittery nail polish colors to wear on your wedding day
Getting married? Your bridal lehenga has been bought, jewellery is in place, makeup has been sorted and hairdo has been frozen upon. In fact, even the design of your mehndi has been shortlisted. So, all under control? Well, no no, forgot completely about this one tiny little thing which even though seems tiny but in reality is imperative. What? Nails?! That’s right. A pretty color on well-trimmed and filed nails enhances the overall look of a bride. On the wedding day, embrace a color which goes well with the attire (and of course the season). Since the bridal season in India usually coincides with fall/winters, therefore, Zuri recommends darker hues, such as oxblood red, burgundy, maroon, deep red and fuchsia pink.
Besides, do experiment even otherwise. Depending on your mood or the season, you can accessorize your nails with lighter shades or just top coats in extreme summers, while in winters, opt for brighter colors and hues. Just that on the D-day, you must also pay attention to your nails because what a nail polish normally does is that it accentuates the beauty of your hands. It adds elegance and suaveness which is much expected from an Indian bride.
Keeping Indian colors and seasons in mind, Zuri has compiled a list of top 10 nail polish colors to wear on your wedding day. So, check out these super hot and dazzling nail colors best suited for Indian winter brides.
1. Light & lustrous or metallic gold: One of the must-wear nail colors for your pre-bridal ceremonies or for that matter, your wedding day (particularly if your attire has gold embellishments or antique work on it).
2. Oxblood Red: Rich, deep and classic color is so much in vogue. Be it your traditional or vintage bridal ensemble, oxblood red nail color speaks of a unique twist and communicates oodles of sexiness.
3. Fuchsia Pink: Bright and young, this pink was hot last year and so is this year. Particularly fashionable on North Indian brides. It is so full of fun and frolic. Try it out all you bubbly brides-to-bes.
4. Ruby: Now this one color is just the thing for an Indian bride. Bright and hot, goes well with the gorgeous red/maroon saree, anarkali, lehenga or Indo-western fusion wear. Looks especially chic on the mehndi covered feet.
5. Plum: This bold and super bright nail color gives your hands a super rich and luscious look. This one is definitely not for the faint-hearted brides-to-be.
6. Red-Orange Vermilion: Damn trendy, great for day-time weddings or pre-wedding ceremonies such as Mehndi. Besides, it also makes your nails look longer.
7. Copper: This is a versatile shade with an oomph factor attached to it. Just as gold, this color enhances the antique work on your garment. Unlike glittery gold, copper is much more subtle. Wear on the cocktail night. A demure-looking bride holding her champagne flutes, her nails painted in copper. That’s so gorgeous.
8. Sandy Beige: Another nude shade muddled with a tinge of gray is pretty new and plush. Goes well with beige, dark wine and softer shades of pinks!
9. Pewter: For the funky brides, here is a color that is bound to add more excitement to your fusion wear, digital prints or the bohemian style wedding garment.
10. Pearl Pink: Neutral nude with a pink hue goes really well on the darker skin tone and day-time pre-wedding events.
Zuri recommends- Chanel Le Vernis in Atmosphere; Oriflame Very Me Metallic Nail Polish- Pink Pearl
You might also like: