by Vaishali Sudan Sharma
Zuri recommends top 5 must buy winter products to keep your skin problems away.
One of the worst things that winter gets along with it is the fact of having to deal with extra dry, dull skin. This also includes chapped lips, mild to acute skin breakout, roughness near eye area, red, itchy cheeks and all. If you thought, warm weather only does all the damage, then think again! Cold weather can make life really really miserable! That’s why, Zuri will sort your life a bit by providing you with a few solutions on how to deal with dry, cracking and often acne-prone winter skin. Here are top 5 beauty products that will take extra good care of your skin in winter.
1. Morning moisturizer with sun protection: Do remember that a summer moisturizer will not work in winters. Instead, opt for an oil based lotion that creates a shield on the skin and protects it from chill, thereby retaining locking moisture in the layer. Having said that, we don’t suggest that you end up picking up a moisturizer that leaves your skin greasy!
It is also recommended to not go for harsh chemical based creams. Besides, SPF moisturizer is the best winter skin care product to own as it nourishes the skin and keeps it hydrated by protecting the gentle skin from harmful sun rays. So, whosoever says that sunscreen is only for summertime, do ask them to get their facts right 🙂 There is a piece of advice here, ladies, don’t forget to do a patch test before it’s application.
2. Moisturizing balm for lips: The first indicator of the arrival of extreme weather conditions is when the lips get dry and lose all the natural moisture and shine. For healthier, supple and luscious winter lips, look for a mild lip balm or a chap stick which has beeswax, shea butter, coconut butter, almond oil, and/or other natural moisturizer. It is also advised to stay away from scented and flavored balms. Opt for the balms that keep lips moisturized for atleast 8 hours.
Zuri recommends: Vaseline petroleum jelly, Elizabeth Arden ‘Eight hour cream, Maybelline Baby Lips Rose Addict, Clinique Superbalm lip treatment.
3. Face Oil: Applying this one product during winters is the ultimate skin care regime one can actually follow! Just as our body needs layers of clothes to protect ourselves from the chill, likewise, skin screams for a similar treatment! Applying face oil as a base keeps the skin from breaking into rough patches. It should definitely be applied on an ageing skin to keep wrinkles (often facilitated by dry winds of cold weather) at bay. For best results, apply a couple of drops at night. Actually massage your face with it before bedtime for a beautiful glow.
4. Face Mask: Face mask nourishes the skin from deep inside and immediately repairs it, giving a gorgeous glow. The best face masks to apply during winters are the ones made out of home ingredients. One can make an avocado paste and apply it on the face or apply a layer of beaten egg white on the face and neck area or else, my favorite mask made out of oatmeal. I usually mix together a bit of raw oatmeal flakes, egg yolk, and honey. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and later wash it off with lukewarm water. Voila! The skin looks fresh and smooth.
5. Hand & Foot Cream: The skin on feet and hands is generally thinner and has less oil glands. Therefore, in order to keep feet and hands moist (specifically in winter months) becomes imperative. If not well looked after, they become dry and itchy. Therefore, it is recommended to pick up a really nice, probably scent-free hand and foot cream that should be applied before bedtime (atleast) to keep them soft and gentle. Infact, you can also use it for DIY mani-pedi sessions done at home.
Zuri recommends: Khadi Jasmine Green Tea Foot Crack Cream; Oriflame Nourishing Hand Cream for dry hands; Oriflame Feet Up (Overnight Moisturizing Foot Cream)
In addition to applying the above listed 5 products for a glowing skin, you must also drink plenty of water. Minimum of 8 glasses will keep the skin hydrated and radiant. Now, say goodbye to winter skin problems because you have the power of 5 beauty products that can fight against dry, dull and itchy skin. Stay warm and have blissful winters ahead! 🙂
You might also like: