by Neha Paranjpe
Zuri brings to you a few tips on how to go for simple makeup transformation from day-to-night. Change your comfortable day look to a glamorous night one with these simple steps
After the hustle and bustle of a long working week, a fun Friday night with your friends is just what you need to unwind. But as it often happens, the last working day of the week also means having to stay longer at the office to get the work done. And before you know it, it’s late and you have no time to go home and get your glam on. Instead, we suggest some simple makeup transformation tips that can get you looking party ready in moments to let your hair down in style.
Dewy for the day
- Office makeup calls for something light and sober. Apply some primer and then add a light layer of tinted moisturizer, or some foundation mixed with moisturizer. Don’t forget the sunscreen. A good base is the secret to having your makeup looking fresh all day.
- Keep your look natural at the office with a light shade of shadow up to the crease of your eyelids. Brush liner on your eyelid – you can go for a liquid liner or a gel one which will stay longer. Don’t overdo the eyes and just add a light color such as brown to your waterline. Curl your lashes and sweep them up with a delicate stroke of mascara. Use a soft color blush on your cheeks which blends in easily and gives you a dewy fresh look. Try opting for natural shades such as peach for a muted look. Lastly finish the look with a dab of lip gloss in a nude shade for a smart, corporate style.
- The key is to get your base right in the morning itself as you will be working on the same canvas while getting prepped in the evening.
Dramatic for the night
- The day has come to an end and it’s time to head out now. Quickly head to the restroom and switch your makeup to look stunning for the night. Start off with first cleaning up residue from the day with some blotting paper. Lightly dab it on your face to remove any oil or makeup that has spread. Make sure to thoroughly clean your T-zone as it tends to have maximum oil buildup through the day.
- Refresh your foundation if necessary. Dab it onto the areas that need to be covered up once again as required. Next, pick a darker shade of the eye shadow you had previously used in the morning, and apply it over the lid. Add it to the crease and then use the same shade around the outside corners of your eyes and under the bottom lashes. Refresh the eyeliner on your eyelid and increase the thickness for a bolder look. Swipe a dark liner onto your waterline to give your eyes a more defined look. It is best to avoid adding more mascara as applying a new coat over an older one can lead to clumping.
- Use a contour or a shimmer powder to highlight your cheekbones, chin, neck, and forehead. Lastly, for a tantalizing pop of color, swipe your favorite shade of lipstick or lip tint for a perfect pout. Deep reds and corals are a great choice for evening wear. Dab some lip gloss for a little bit of sparkle and you are good to go!
Keep your essentials in your bag and one quick visit to the restroom is enough to take you from the boardroom to the dance floor.
Image source: 1
You might also like: