by Isha Sharma
Are you upset with the visible hair growth around on your upper lip or chin area? Have you got tired of getting your face waxed? Then, here is an amazing solution for you. Take a look at 5 easy and DIY home remedies to remove unwanted hair from face
All of us have fine, pale, faintly visible hair on our face and neck area, but excessive facial hair growth looks unpleasant. There might be plenty of health issues causing excessive hair growth such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), hormonal imbalance, thyroid etc especially on upper lips and sideburns. These underlining health concerns make it more difficult to manage facial hair growth with typical hair removal methods such as bleaching, shaving, waxing and threading which are harsh on your skin. Such methods should be done in moderation as you are always at a risk of an allergic reaction, redness, swelling or burning. Therefore, having a homemade alternative that is sensitive to your skin is a healthier approach to tackle facial hair growth.
Zuri has listed down five most preferred natural methods to remove and reduce facial hair over time. These methods are safe, easily available and economical! Let’s try and be gentle to our skin:
1. Chickpea, turmeric, and milk face pack: Chickpea flour also known as gram flour and besan (chickpea) works wonderfully as a facial mask. Every Indian woman is aware of its skin lightening properties, but it also works to remove and reduce facial hair. To make this mask, you need- 2 tbsp of gram flour, 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and skimmed milk. Mix these ingredients to make a thick paste and apply in the direction of your hair growth. No need to apply this face mask on your entire face, just cover the area where hair growth is heavy. Wait for 20 minutes or until it dries and scrub it off in the opposite direction of hair growth. You can try this remedy twice a week.
2. Turmeric and milk face pack: Turmeric has medicinal properties and is great for your skin. Mix 2 tbsp turmeric powder and skimmed milk to form a thick paste. Apply this paste over the area and gently scrub when it’s completely dry. Wash your face with cold water and apply moisturizer. You can repeat this remedy twice or thrice a week.
3. Corn flour. egg and sugar face mask: To make this mask, mix 1 egg white, 1 tbsp powdered sugar and 1 tsp of corn flour. Beat this mixture well to form a paste. Now apply a thin layer of this paste on the affected area and wait for 20-25 minutes, until it dries. Once dried, scrub it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
4. Honey and lemon face mask: Lemon mildly exfoliates your skin and at the same time is a natural bleaching agent. It will work to naturally bleach your facial hair making them less noticeable. Mix together 1 tsp of lemon juice and 4 tsp of honey. Using a cotton ball, apply this mixture on your face and let it dry for 20-25 minutes. Then wash your face with lukewarm water. Repeat this 2-3 times a week.
5. Lemon and sugar face pack: This is one of the simplest face packs that you can make. Combine 1 tsp of lemon and 3 tsp of sugar powder to make a paste. Apply this to the affected area and wait until it dries. Gently scrub it away in a circular motion.The above listed natural ways will not give you instant results but over the course of time will make your facial hair thinner and easier to manage. Due to the natural origin of the ingredients, these methods are sure to be kind and gentle to your skin.
The above listed natural ways will not give you instant results but over the course of time will make your facial hair thinner and easier to manage. Due to the natural origin of the ingredients, these methods are sure to be kind and gentle to your skin.
You might also like: