by Richa Sharma
Zuri brings to you 5 super-effective home remedies to treat cracked feet. Now say hello to gorgeous, sexy feet and flaunt your latest summer sandal in style!
The other day I met this really pretty lady at a family puja. Everyone around seemed to be in an awe of her elegance and grace. But the moment she took off her shoes for the puja, I was taken aback. She had ugly feet, with cracks on her heels. Taking care of your feet is as important as taking care of your face. Cracked feet not only look gross, but can also be really painful. So, today Zuri brings to you Top 5 remedies to treat cracked feet.
1. Glycerin and rose water mask: Glycerin with its moisturizing attributes and rose water being loaded with anti oxidants and with its antiseptic, anti inflammatory properties makes for an excellent remedy to heal cracked heels. So mix together equal portions of glycerin and rose water and apply this mixture at bed time to washed and clean feet. Glycerin can be slightly sticky, so it’s best to cover your feet with socks and leave it overnight. Clean your feet the next morning. Use this remedy twice a week for best results.
2. Vaseline and lemon mask: Mix together 1 tsp Vaseline petroleum jelly and the juice of a lemon. Rub this mixture to your washed heels and other cracked areas of your feet, until your skin absorbs it all. Now cover it up with socks and leave it overnight. Vaseline helps restore moisture and lemon with its mild acidic nature helps dissolve dead and dry skin from your cracked heels.
3. Paraffin wax: Paraffin wax proves to be an effective remedy to treat extreme cases of cracked and painful heels. So melt a block of paraffin wax in a boiler and add 2 tbsp of mustard or coconut oil. Allow it to cool down until it forms a thin layer on top. Now dip your feet in this mixture, bringing them out every now and then and dipping them back again every few seconds, until you have several layers of wax built up on your heels. Cover your feet with plastic and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes. Now remove the plastic and peel off the wax. Paraffin wax is an excellent natural emollient and regular use of it relieves your heels of cracks. Diabetic patients should avoid using this remedy.
4. Neem and turmeric pack: Now this is a very effective Ayurvedic remedy for soft smooth feet and particularly helpful for bleeding heels. So take a handful of neem leaves and crush them to form a paste. Now add a tbsp of turmeric powder to it and apply this paste to your feet. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and wash with water. Neem and turmeric with their anti fungal and anti bacterial properties does wonders in healing your cracked heels. Turmeric might leave a yellow tint on your feet, but you’ll gradually get rid of it.
5. Rice flour scrub: Exfoliating your feet can go a long way in preventing dryness and cracked feet. Mix together 2-3 spoons each of ground rice flour, honey and apple cider vinegar. Now soak your feet in warm water and gently scrub your feet with this concoction to get rid of dead skin from your feet. You could add a tbsp of olive or almond oil, in case the cracks on your feet are too bad.
Regular use of these remedies will definitely help heal cracked feet. Besides, being regular with your pedicures also goes a long way in preventing these cracks in the first place. So take good care of your feet, they’re as important as your face!
You might also like: