by Richa Sharma
Look glamorous with 5 latest makeup looks for a pretty face this Navratri!
So are you all geared up for the Navratri fever? Have you sorted out your chania choli for the dandiya nights? This is one time we all dig into our wardrobes for ethnic wear, chunky jewellery to go with the nine days of festive fervour. Oh! And what about makeup. With back to back dandiya events, you don’t want to look monotonous. So we’ve got 5 Latest face makeup looks for you to sport this Navratri.
1. The bold pout look: Go for statement lips for that ultimate glam diva look this Navratri. Opt for shades of red, crimson, plum and orange. Dust off some gold dust right in the middle of your lips for that extra dose of bling to go in perfect tandem with the vibrancy of the festival. Keep the rest of the face simple. Just dab on some foundation for an even complexion and swipe on some rosy blush on the apple of the cheeks. As for your eyes, applying a coat of mascara would suffice.
2. The smokey eyes look: For those of you, who’re keen on a sultry, smouldering look for the face, try the gold smokey eye look. Begin with a nice even base for your face, followed by a peachy flush for your cheeks. Now go for smokey eye makeup in gold and brown for an unparalleled festive look. Add some drama with cat eyeliner and a thick coat of mascara. Don’t forget to line your eyes with a kajal pencil. For this look, it’s best to go sheer with your lips.
3. The barely there dewy look: Soft, luminescent skin with almost a barely there makeup is another look to try this Navratri. For this look, begin with a concealer to cover up any marks and blemishes, followed by a thin veil of foundation. Now swipe a liquid or cream based highlighter onto your brow bone, bridge of the nose and cheek bones to give your face a subtle gleam. Avoid piling up layers of foundation and keep your face natural as far as possible. Go for glossy pale pinks and nudes for the lips for that understated yet glowing look.
4. The purple haze look: So this one is a slightly softer look to try, wherein you start with applying foundation on your face. Next up, pick up a purple eyeshadow palette and use tints and shades of purple like lilacs, lavender, mauve on your eyelids for a soft, pastel look. Skip the eyeliner altogether. Go for a soft pink blush and baby pink lips with this look.
5. The thick kohled look: There is something so boho chic about the thick kohled look, that it is one of my favorites. Also being blessed with big, black eyes, this look works brilliantly for Indian women. It’s almost like a no-makeup look with all the focus being on your heavily kohled eyes. Although we say no makeup, but I would still recommend you dab on some tinted moisturiser onto your face to give it an even finish. No lipstick, no blush, just a thickly lined eyes and some nude lip balm and voilà! You’re done.
So, try on a different look every night this Navratri and get ready to be a head turner.
You might also like: