by Mansi Kohli
Check out 30 gorgeous and all new Indo-western fusion outfits for an ultimate Karwa Chauth look!
Karwa Chauth is a ritual maintained and observed by Indian girls and women, for the longevity of their husbands. It’s a day when the women fast from sunrise on, only to break their fast after getting a sip of water from their beloved, post which they offer their prayers to the moon. In modern times, women doll up to their best and offer their prayers in chic ensembles; just as they would on their wedding day. Seek inspiration a little different this time, and stand out from the fancy lot dolled up in all things ethnic. Think Indo-western outfit ideas for Karwa Chauth this season!
1. Dhoti pants, zardozi waistcoat and a chic head gear: Keep it to one tone and wear them with utmost confidence. The waistcoat can be embellished in intricate zardozi embroidery while the dhoti pants should be made from cotton or silk- whatever you are comfortable with.
2. A beige churidar with an embellished tribal pair of leggings: Beige is an unconventional color to think off for brides, but this is Karwa Chauth and when embellished in gold embroidery, you would stand out for sure.
3. Pretty long sleeveless kurtas with a flowing maxi cotton skirt: Beat the summer winds and the heat around, dressing up in style this time. Wear a floral long sleeveless kurta all the way to the feet, pairing it up with a chic cotton long maxi skirt.
4. Kanjeevaram inspired tops with a long cotton maxi skirt: Pretty kanjeevram silks can be cut into crop tops, and when paired up with a white cotton skirt that flows till the feet- you’d be one hot wife your hubby cannot take his eyes off from!
6. Black and white outfits: Think monotone fashion on the lines of outfit ideas, and you can wear all the bling for the shine and sheen effect to come across. A long black kurta flowing till the feet and made from sheer fabric, with graphic black printed leggings and a Nehru Chinese collar coat for the top!
7. An Indo-western twist to the Anarkali: Made up your mind that you’d be wearing an Anarkali this time? No problem, give it an Indo-western twist with lace bridal flower motifs on layers, and a low backless choli to flaunt your sexy back!
10. The magic of black and gold: A black colored very low V-Neck cut out top with a long flowing black skirt, embossed with large gold circles is ideally how desi swag meets chic international touches!
12. Velvet long flowing tunics and Mughal design embossed ciggy pants in gold: The combination of black and gold is a rage these days, and we bring to you the same with an Indo-western fusion touch for Karwa Chauth 2015.
13. Cape tops and a lehenga skirt: Cape tops, short and embellished with floral embroidery touches, matched with a long flowing lehenga skirt could be one of your style statements in outfit ideas to flaunt!
14. One-shoulder strap long flowing kurta with graphic printed ciggy pants: Graphic printed stuff is to die for totally. And when one shoulder long kurta in yellow gets paired with black and white graphic ciggy pants, it makes for one haute choice!
15. A gorgeous saree gown: Monotone and in silk, drape your saree like a dhoti, wearing a sheer brocade crop top and nude heels to finish off the look!
Enjoyed the post? Found your ideal haute wear for the Karwa Chauth evening? Let’s start shopping then, shall we?
You might also like: