by Mansi Kohli
This Gurpurab, try out one of these chic and different eye makeup looks and celebrate the festival with joy!
Gurpurab is one of the holiest Sikh festivals celebrated across North India. Gurupurab is observed with prayer services, the famous and holy Akhand Path where the holy scriptures are read from the Guru Granth, and the singing of hymns early in the morning. The latter half of the day goes into celebrations in honor of the saint. Sikhnis and people across different religions doll up in apt ways- not too flashy for the morning prayers and quite extravagant for the evening celebrations. Ladies would be attending the services at the Gurudwara and participating in the scripture readings as well. Hence, keeping in mind the decorum of the event, yet keeping it extremely chic and fashionable, here we have for you five different eye makeup looks to choose from!
1. A little copper and gold : Says who a little touch of copper and gold can be too flashy and OTT? Let’s ditch that concept and wear it for the morning celebrations, commemorating the saint. If you wouldn’t like to have a touch of shine and shimmer to the lids, you could opt to doll up the crease and the brow bone with matte powdery golds and copper tones, leaving the rim of the lashes touched with one stroke of metallic brown. To complete the look, dark kohl for the upper rim in two strokes can be used.
2. The subtle smokey eye touch: You could even plan on the smokey eye look for mid-morning celebrations, and not an eyebrow would raise against your choice. This is because the smokey eye look here is not too loud and on the face, rather it is a subtle hint of sensuality and feminine charms. Use lighter shades of brown for the crease and the brow bone, and just one stroke of dark black for the mid eye portion. Blend the same with a little white powder to make it subdued and non flashy. For the upper lids, use two strokes of kohl, while for the lower lash line, only half of it should be dolled in kohl- culminating the upper and lower lash or lid line to the outer corner of the eye.
3. A hint of brown and grays: Let’s play with a hint of brown and grays as the day progresses to noon. For the upper lids and the brow area of the eyes, we shall apply two strokes of light gray eye shadow from the middle of the eye to the outer corner of the eyes. The next step would involve one stroke on each eyelid with light brown eye shadow. With the help of a brush, blend the shadow from the middle to the outer corner and then back to the middle, ending at the inner corner of the eyes. One stroke of kohl for the upper and the lower lash line completes the look.
4. Metallic browns for the early evening: As the sun sets and you are beginning to welcome family and friends for the dinner party, a subtle hint of metallic shades in brown or wines especially would be apt to wear. Focus on dolling up the mid crease of the lids with more of matte copper brown shadow. The upper crease and the brow should have a slight touch of metallic copper, which should be blended with the rest of the eyelid shadow in matte tones. Two strokes of kohl for the upper eyelid and one for the lower should complete the look.
5. The after-dark party look: Once dinner is done and people are lounging around, it is time to bring out the party look. Play with darker shades of chocolate and copper for the lids, while dolling up the lower lash line with brown eye pencil strokes. Once again, the upper crease and the brow should have a slight touch of metallic copper, which should be blended with the rest of the eyelid shadow in matte tones. Complete the look with two strokes of dark kohl for the upper lash line and the lower lash.
We hope you loved our five different eye makeup looks to wear at Gurupurab. Keep it stylish, always!