by Richa Sharma
Gold can never go out of fashion! So, this wedding season, why don’t you opt for stylish and chich gold jewellery for an elegant bling?
With the revival of traditional embroideries like zardozi, dabka and gota patti, gold jewellery has made a huge comeback. So whether it’s a simple neck piece in pure gold or more elaborate pieces embedded with kundan or jadau, all have become an essential part of a bride to be’s trousseau. So if your wedding is on the cards and you still haven’t zeroed down on your jewellery, read on because we’ve got some fabulous ideas for stylish and chic gold jewellery for all the brides to be.
1. Kundan Choker: Kundan jewellery is an absolute favurite with most brides these days. Kundan choker is basically semi precious colored stones embedded in 22 carat gold that’s worn high on the neck. And a Kundan choker for your wedding day is going to be one exquisite piece of jewellery you’re going to cherish all your life. Infact this evergreen choker is one to be passed on from generation to generation.
2. Chand Baali: Now this moon shaped baali is a personal favorite and an absolute rage these days. They’re elegant, dressy and capable of making any bride dazzle. So whether you like one in pure gold or a combination of kundan and pearls is totally your choice.
3. Jadau Jhumkas: Traditional jadau jhumkas have made such a huge comeback this season. No wonder, all the Bollywood divas have been sporting them. They are an ideal pick for your post wedding parties where this ethnic piece can be worn as stand alone statement jewellery with a bare neck.
4. Passa: If there is one piece of jewellery all the brides swear by, it’s the passa. Traditionally worn by Muslim brides on their forehead, it has now become an essential part of every Indian brides wedding jewellery. Go for dainty pieces in kundan and jadau and rest assured you’re going to look nothing short of splendid.
5. Maatha Patti: Another piece of traditional jewellery that has been given a contemporary twist to suit today’s taste is the gold maatha patti. Most brides just love this piece of jewellery and are not shying away from sporting bold and modern designs for their big day.
6. Gold Handcuff: For all those of you who’re bored with those traditional bangles, here comes a piece of statement jewellery that’s stylish and chic. So sport a broad gold handcuff on one of your wrists and you’re sure to grab all eyeballs. And the best part is that it also works brilliantly with your western outfits.
7. Kundan Haathphool: Another piece of jewellery that’s become a major fashion accessory is the haathphool, so much so that even a lot of young girls love sporting it for formal dos. But because you’re the bride, we would recommend a kundan haathphool for you.
So these were a few pieces of jewellery that should be part of every girls bridal finery. Do take a look at the following designs for your big day and take your pick.
You might also like: