by Mansi Kohli
Here is a line of cosmetics for Christmas you should ask Santa to bring!
While many of us may have asked Santa to keep their bodies slim and their bank accounts fat, we fashionistas have asked him for a line of must have cosmetics for Christmas. Well, why wouldn’t any fashionista in her sane mind not want the best; the party season is on and we have to doll up right, isn’t it? So here is a list of cosmetics for Christmas that we must stock up on. Santa are you hearing?
1. Tinted Moisturizer: We would like a very lightweight lotion which brings about a translucent tone to the skin and offers protection from the harmful UV rays of the sun too. In addition to that, our skin should have a soft finish in matte, perfect for combination to oily skin.
Zuri recommends: Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Zuri recommends: Maybelline New York Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation
3. Anti Aging Foundation: Beat the ageing signs and look cheerfully youthful and vibrant with a formula that hides the problems on the face, making you look younger at the parties. The look left behind would be natural and very radiant, and a healthy glow comes by too.
Zuri recommends: Paula’s Choice RESIST Instant Smoothing Anti-Aging Foundation
4. Concealer: Conceal those dark spots, age lines, wrinkles and blemishes with a silky liquid touch this winter. A lotion that builds coverage and is apt for every skin type– sensitive and acne prone too is what you would need.
Zuri recommends: L’Oreal Paris True Match Concealer
5. Pressed Powder: You wouldn’t want to use a powder that makes the skin look dry and flaky, and not close to your skin tone too. Choose a formula that works on all skin types and one that comes in a myriad range of shades too.
Zuri recommends: M.A.C. Select Sheer Pressed Powder
6. Blush: An impressive blush to the cheeks is a must, without which the look on the face isn’t complete. What you need is the mild to wild best shades to choose from, an impressive layout which would last and no flaky shiny looks to deal with as well.
Zuri recommends: NARS Blush
7. Matte Bronzer: Matte shades for the bronzing effect is a must-have this holiday season and for the party especially. Neutral browns to russet warm colors, a little intense though but goes all night..
Zuri recommends: NYX Matte Bronzer
8. Matte Eye shadow: Matte shadows and nude tones for the eyes are a rage this season, and with a little shimmer touch you are ready to hit the party circuit too. Invest in a wide range of the non-loud shades from reputed companies steal the show with everyday colors to play with.
Zuri recommends: NYX Cosmetics Nude Matte Shadow
9. Mascara: Flaunt those lovely natural lashes, just as you want with a dramatic sweeping touch. From length to volume and more, choose mascaras that would be tough to beat, and one that would bring on the intense look too.
Zuri recommends: Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume or Lash Blast Length
10. Lip Gloss or a glossy finish lipstick: A glossy sexy number for the lips is a must-have, without which you wouldn’t be able to shine away at the parties. Lip paints to lip gloss and branded lip stains galore, choose one with SPF and moisturizer in it. It should be long-lasting too!
Zuri recommends: Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor
Here were ten must have’s in your cosmetic or vanity box this holiday season. Do let us know which cosmetics you would be buying and why?
You might also like: