by Mansi Kohli
Ravishing minimalist outfit ideas to steal the show with at the New Year eve bash!
2015 has almost come to an end, almost, and it’s time for the party people to pick up the freshest and the chicest of ensembles to wear for the myriad invitations they have been invited to. With so much dancing happening around and plenty of fun in store, you would not want to dress heavy. Keeping that in mind and knowing the fashionista that you are, here are some of the best head turning outfit ideas for the New Year eve party that would make you stand out like a diva.
1. An ombre cocktail saree: Nothing beats the sensuality of nine yards; a saree in ombre shades and worn as a cocktail ensemble seems to be on the minds of many PYTs. Emulating the look of Bollywood diva Shilpa Shetty, the ombre shades bring in the vibrancy, while the fabric of the saree is easy to handle even while dancing. Sensuality at its best, an ombre saree it is for New Year eve!
2. Statement embroidered pajama and kurtas: If you would like an Indo-western touch, try the statement pajama kurta ensemble so apt to wear for a dance night on December 31st. Ace designer Tarun Tahiliani knows how to make a woman dress chic and luxe, and grab eyeballs at events too.
3. Champagne, gold zardozisets: Champagne, gold zardozi pants with a button down top would be an ideal fashion statement to stun the onlookers around. The look isn’t too gaudy and yet with minimalist flair, it does make a pronounced fashion style to flaunt!
4. Cape jackets and beige dhoti pants: To keep warm while the winds blow and you dance too, a brown textured cape jacket with crystal beige dhoti pants would bring in the cool chic look and style statement as well.
5. Add a little shimmer and sparkle: It’s a new year party after all and you need to sparkle your way through the night, bringing in the joy of 2016 as well. How about a chunky mini skirt in black shimmer with a flimsy halter neck top and a black coat! Complete the look wearing heels for the feet and transparent stockings for the legs.
6. A sheer lace net frock: Stun the eyes around with a visual treat of all things black on you. Dance away the night in a tempting sheer net lace frock and with black heels that has a bow for the complete diva look to come through. Sassy and minimal, why not?
7. Classic red and white combos – Red cigarette pants with a deep V Neck white top and a black bag to flaunt at the party brings about a minimal look. Complete the ensemble of the diva-ish touch with a chunky neck piece and a pair of heels for the feet. The black belt on the waist is a complete transition from the stiff to the cool!
8. Some inspiration from the femme fatales in Paris: A sheer cropped knee-length skirt, embellished minimally with chunky celestial bodies and a light blue cardigan top, on which a statement neck piece sits pretty. Heels for the feet and a chunky tote bag for company, completes the look.
9. Dress shorts for a formal gathering: Why wouldn’t you want to be a little more experimenting this time, and wear dress shorts for the formal New Year gathering? Chunky powdery matte brown dress shorts can be teamed up with a deep V Neck top and a loose coat on top. To keep the legs warm, nude stockings can be worn. Heels for the feet are a must for the formal look to come through and a cute bag to carry along completes the look.
10. Chic monotone bodycon numbers – Bodycon numbers are haute trends and when worn right can make you the star for the evening. An all-white bodycon number with edges in black would be a minimal fashion statement to flaunt. Complete the look with heels for the feet and a tote bag in hand.
Loved these ten stunning ideas? Do write in with your thoughts.
You might also like: