by Richa Sharma
Here are 6 amazing home remedies to treat winter skin, which is dry, scaly and rough!
Come winters and most of us have to battle skin issues like dry and parched skin, scaly hands, cracked feet. No matter how much we love the sunny afternoons, we all loathe how the winter air rips our skin of moisture. And the constant exposure to room heaters makes the condition even worse. But this winter, fret not, as Zuri brings to you 6 amazing home remedies to treat dry skin.
1. Mayonnaise: Did you know that the mayonnaise that you use for your sandwiches and burgers can also help you resolve issues like dry and dull skin during winters? So, just scoop out 1 tbsp mayonnaise out of the jar and leave it aside to reach room temperature. Now apply a generous dose of mayo onto your skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and later wipe off with a damp wash cloth. Mayonnaise makes for an excellent hydrator and exfoliating agent and gives a soft creamy texture to your skin.
2. Milk cream: My hands get particularly dry and scaly during winters. So I found this wonderful remedy in milk cream to tackle the issue. Milk cream being rich in lactic acid exfoliates the skin, sloughing away the dry dead skin and making way for smoother, softer skin. Moreover, it also helps maintain the ph balance of the skin. So take a bowl and mix together, 2 tsp milk cream, 1 tsp milk and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste to your hands, legs and even your face. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse with water. For best results, use this remedy daily, a few minutes before you shower.
3. Almond face pack: Soak some almonds overnight and peel their skin the next day and grind them into a paste. Now add some raw milk, 2 tsp gram flour and 1 tsp lemon juice to the paste. Mix them up well and apply this paste evenly on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. This remedy not only takes care of dry skin but also lightens your complexion.
4. Banana and coconut oil mask: Pick up a ripe banana and mash half of it into a bowl. Now add 1 tbsp coconut oil and stir it well to form a paste. Apply this paste onto your face and let it sit for 15 minutes. Later rinse with water. Banana with its excellent moisturizing properties, provides instant relief from dry skin and the fats present in coconut oil deep conditions your skin leaving it soft and supple.
5. Glycerin: Glycerin as we all know is an age old, tried and tested remedy to tackle dry skin woes during winters. Glycerin being a natural emollient, nourishes and hydrates your skin, helping it absorb and retain moisture. So mix glycerin, lemon juice and rose water in equal proportions and store it in a bottle. Apply this concoction daily during bed time to get silky smooth skin.
6. Petroleum jelly: Some spots on our body like the elbows, knees and heels often look and feel worse than the rest of the body and are prone to extreme dryness during winters. Here’s when petroleum jelly steps in. It might feel greasy but it works like a wonder. So apply some petroleum jelly to these super dry areas preferably at bed time and cover them up to seal in the moisture. Do make sure you wash and clean up these spots before application.
You might also like: