by Neha Paranjpe
Zuri brings to you 6 powerful homemade remedies to treat hair loss and boost hair growth
Every one wishes to have long, thick and lustrous locks. But not everyone has this dream come true. Often, we try and try but the hair just doesn’t grow out the way you want it to. And if you go too long without a haircut you are just making it easier for the split ends to come your way.
So what do you do? Is there any kind of magic wand that can just make the hair grow faster? Well we don’t know much about magic wands, but we do know of some powerful potions that can help boost your hair growth and give you the long and shiny mane you always dreamed of. Here are 6 of the easiest home remedies you can prepare to let your hair grow and grow as long as you like.
1. Hot oil massage: Grandma’s age old remedy is so very trusted for a reason. Regularly applying hot oil to the roots and massaging the scalp is a great way to nourish the parched roots of the hair and to boost blood circulation which helps the hair to grow thicker and faster. Warm up some coconut oil or olive oil in the microwave for a few seconds (make sure it’s not too hot) and apply it all over the scalp using a cotton ball or your finger tips. Now massage your scalp in small circular motions to rub the oil deep into the roots for best effects.
2. Castor oil: Castor oil is one of the best remedies to help your hair grow quickly. However since castor oil is rather thick in its consistency, it is best to mix it with some olive oil. You can mix one part castor oil with two parts olive oil and follow the same hot oil treatment as mentioned above.
3. Lemon juice: Lemon juice is a cleanser and it helps to clean out the scalp of any dirt particles or excess product that may be clogging the roots. It also contains various vitamins and folic acid which are very good for hair growth. Lemon juice also makes the hair shinier and removes traces of dandruff from the scalp. Just mix the juice from one lemon with 4 to 5 spoonfuls of coconut oil and apply it on the scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
4. Onion juice: While it may not be the best smelling solution, onion juice is an excellent remedy for quick hair growth. It contains sulfur that boosts the development of collagen. This encourages the growth of hair at a rapid pace. Chop up the onions into pieces and squeeze out the juice. Apply it directly to the scalp and leave it on for just 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it out with shampoo.
5. Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps to clean the scalp and it also maintains the pH balance of the scalp and hair. This ensures the best hair health and it can accelerate the hair growth. Just pour some apple cider vinegar mixed with water on your hair as a final rinse after you are done shampooing and conditioning.
6. Potato juice: Potatoes are rich in vitamins A, B and C which are very helpful with hair problems such as hair fall, thinning hair, dandruff etc. extract the juice from 1 or two potatoes and apply it all over the scalp. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off. Do this twice a week for best results.
You might also like: