by Aarti Kapur Singh
Take a look at best of the best Indian bridal hairstyles to sport on the wedding day or during post-wedding parties!
The D-day has given you a whole new identity, good wishes, several compliments and the promise of even more fulfilling days ahead. The wedding has been a success. Now it is time to bask in the afterglow and stun everyone with the grand finale, your reception party!
When it comes to bridal hairstyles, there are always a variety of choices to play with. You can try out sleek hairstyles or curly ones, adorn your hair with flowers or even play with some colorful accessories. There is a wide variety of reception hairstyles choices to choose from and try out for your own wedding’s reception or even if you are attending somebody else’s reception.Since most brides don’t use a dupatta or saree to cover their heads, it is even more imperative that the hairdo look graceful as well as unique and also be comfortable for the bride to carry. It is always good if you try the hairstyle at least a week in advance and keep it on for three to four hours to check if the hairstyle stays put and your head doesn’t feel too heavy or you are not getting uncomfortable. After all, you cannot be having the hair come undone or be smiling through a headache at the reception party!
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind and give you ideas:
- After the product abuse that your hair may have been through with the several bridal functions, you may want to enhance your hair with accessories rather than sprays, serum or heat-styling.
- If you want to relax and let your hair do the same without over-heating or styling your hair, using switches is a great idea. Do make sure not to leave the buying of the switch for the last minute. Take good care to match it with the shade of your hair.
- Accessories – natural flowers, diamante clips, crystals, hair jewellery and several other adornments can glam up your hair instantly.
- Since there will be no garment covering the head (mostly) do use a styling spray or serum so there are no flyaway strand and the hair does not look messy.
- It is also good to ask your bridesmaid like sisters, cousins, sister-in-laws etc to keep some bobby pins or hair spray with them so that if in case the hairstyle start to get loose then it could be tamed then and there. This is very important when the venue is far from home. Safety pins should also be carried if in case some tucking is needed by the bride.
You might also like: