by Mansi Kohli
Ditch the over the top blingy accessories and doll up in neutrals for V Day celebrations!
You may have been gifted or could have bought innumerable fashion accessories to wear and display when attending social dos and gatherings in the past, but for the V day celebrations this time, surprise him with a touch of all things neutral. Less is more even when it comes to bling, and this is exactly why we would want to share a few ideas on neutral toned bling accessories this time. These are neutral shaded accessories that would not only compliment what you wear, but would enhance and complete the look too.
1. Nude to neutral chunky shoes: If you aren’t wearing color on your feet, you then should think of heels, pumps, peep toes or ballerina flats in neutral tones. One of the sassiest ways to make a powerful fashion statement whilst dining with him through the V day celebrations– says who you need to have solid colored shoes to make the world revolve around your feet? A chunky pair of neutral shaded and toned ballerinas for example, matches just about anything you would want to wear for the evening!
2. Pearl tassel necklace: Keeping the look au naturale, trendy and neutrally toned, a pearl tassel neck piece with a bohemian creamy touch is a must have- the slash knots enhance the appeal along with the sparkly long glass tassel swings on the crocheted chain. The movement and shine on the neck piece is a fashion statement in its own rights- not too flashy, blingy or over the top we say!
3. A gray cross body bag: Taking a cue from the palette of all shades neutral, we would want to have a tote, a clutch or a cross body bag in neutral tones too- this time with a shade of gray. Bring in the romantic touch with a shaded gray cross body bag, which teams up well with Indo-Western to western wear. If you choose to go all ethnic with the ensemble, a gray clutch or a tote would be best to carry.
4. Bangles to adore the hands with: For V day celebrations and should you want to rope in the eclectic desi swag with your Indo-Western or ethnic numbers; completing the look with neutral accessories- light gold bangles for that matter, makes an awesome fashion statement quite minimal and quirky.
5. Scarves for warmth: While fashion is meant to adorn and not bring down the personality you are born with, you need to keep in mind the comfort levels you can adhere to. What you should also bear in mind are the climes- it can get nippy out there while enjoying a dinner date with him. Think about neutral crocheted and knitted scarves to keep you warm- quite romantic when he snuggles them onto your neck!
6. A pretty neutral toned watch: Timelines is what he likes and you have got to be punctual when meeting him for the dinner date, which is why wearing a pretty neutral toned watch that has precious stones embedded on them should be your must-do fashion mantra.
7. Victorian Algerian style hair comb: The Victorian Algerian style hair comb has dangles and pearls in neutral tones, perfect for the achromatic look to come through. Style your hair the way you like it, and add the neutral Victorian Algerian style hair comb to enhance the look.
While we’ve told you how to style up in neutral tones for the upcoming V day celebrations, do write in and let us know your thoughts on the same as well!
You might also like: