by Aarti Kapur Singh
Check out sizzling hot Fall’2016 makeup trends for you to sport this year!
The best thing about dressing up in a season of transition is that you can use some elements from the last season and the one that is coming. Fall makeup for 2016 is all about a little mixing, a little matching, but full-on glamour and dazzling. Bring out those vanity kits, for there is just about enough time to practice on yourself and create mood-boards and add your signature touches to the trends that would be in vogue.
1. Flowers in the Hair: There won’t be too many flowers in just a few days, so why not make the most of them why they last. You may ditch the giant flower crowns that are blooming over college campuses, but a dainty headband over wavy hair or a simple floral do over a messy bun is definitely hot. Do remember to keep your makeup natural for a more natural floral look.
2. An Orange Pout: Bright lips the color of young flames first warmed up into our hearts in 2012. As of 2016, this trend is back with a fresh flame. This makeup trend is ideal for those blessed with flawless complexion (or those who can ape it with makeup). Satiny finishes in orange will find favor over completely matte or completely glossy. The look is more like that of a stain rather than a full on slather of lipstick – think of how your lips get stained after an orange bar.
3. Sunset on the Eyes: Sunset-worthy shades were all over the runways (Adam Selman, Michael Kors, Derek Lam). Peach and pink hues are usually spring and summer colors, but a lot of eyes are seeing the hues of sunset. And if they are in metallic, that much the better. Bronze, gold, copper and rose are eye shadow shades to keep your eyes open for! By the way, warm matte tones enhance every eye color. No matter what season, it adds a touch of warmth.
4. Nude Lips: Nude lip colors never go out of fashion and are so much more wearable – like EVERYWHERE! Stock one shade in a sheer and one shade in semi-glossy versions to keep looking sophisticated and chic. Nude mattes are definitely avoidable by all. They look only like concealer sticks you know!
5. Strong Brows: Bold brows, first made big by the likes of Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and Brooke Shields, are making a comeback thanks to supermodel Cara Delevingne. To really make your eyes pop, gently fill in the brows to get the shape you want and lightly apply a powder over it. It’s the perfect way to enhance your eyes while adding depth and dimension to your look.
You might also like: