by Mansi Kohli
This season go creative with your bridal makeup looks. Get inspired by popular Bollywood divas and try out these 7 easy-to-do artistic makeup ideas for an ultimate Indian look!
If art emulates life and vice-versa, our Bollywood ladies and B-Town girls show us how to go one notch up with the whole art and science of makeup application. For sure they have experts to help them dress the face and to bring on a certain look. However, that doesn’t mean you cannot try and experiment the same at home. You never know of your hidden talents until you unearth them one at a time. So here’s some inspiration on artistic makeup ideas and looks inspired by Bollywood movies. Read on!
1. Minimal touches for some, but here Bollywood diva Sonam Kapoor shows us how the dark red lips and cat the winged liner can do wonders on the face. Keeping the blush minimal, the lips do the talking and the eyes capture many imaginations around.
2. The 90s chirpy diva Urmila Matondkar got hitched to a super model from Kashmir and the affair was a hush-hush one. However, we can’t stop raving about the minimal blush the diva used for her cheeks.
3. As Zaara, Bollywood diva Preity Zinta Goodenough who got recently hitched in LA stole our hearts. The look for her in the role of Zaara as a bride was a very north Indian inspired one, with peach lips and smudged kajal eyes. For the eyes especially, use can use soft eye shadow from a reputed brand in matte or neutral tones for the sultry touch.
4. Sultry diva, Shilpa Shetty Kundra has played many a times the role of an Indian bride in Bollywood movies, and in real life when marrying her fiancé, the south Indian bridal makeup nomenclature was used. Dark kajal rimmed eyes with nude to neutral toned foundation and matte peach lips, graced the south Indian temple jewelry she wore.
5. Timeless and classy would be your bridal look if the bridal makeup artist knows how to play with golds and sunset reds for the eyelids to doll up at your wedding. Bollywood leading lady Kareena Kapoor Khan shows us what a touch of sunset reds can bring to the bridal look.
6. Super hit Bollywood hit- Hum Aapke Hai Kaun starring the gorgeous Madhuri Dixit back in the 90s was a rage all over the nation, not only for the lehenga saree in purple she wore but because of her chic yet subtly loud makeup too- dark red lips are hot for brides to wear!
7. Minimalistic once again and that is how must Indian brides prefer it in this day and age, double toned rimmed eyes was the statement look for Bollywood diva Deepika Padukone in Chennai Express. One stroke of dark black kajal, over which a lighter shade of aqua blue was smudged; you can try that out to enhance the sultry look.
We hope these seven Bollywood beauties and their bridal looks onscreen and in real life has set the ball rolling for inspiration. Here are a few more recommendations below to bask in and to make the glow come through!
You might also like: