by Vaishali Sudan Sharma
All you ladies out there! Check out 18 mind-blowing hairstyles to sport on Indian bridal functions of 2016!
Girls dream of looking the best on their D-day. The most stunning bridal outfit, makeup, mehndi, nail art and jewelry that enhances their bridal look. Indian wedding hairstyle is that one aspect which often gets neglected either because the hair gets covered by the pallu of a saree or the lehenga’s chunni. However, these days, Indian brides are experimenting with their looks. They don’t want those beautiful tresses to go hidden under the heavy zardozi or embroidered cloth! After all, India weddings are all about fun and drama, so might as well just get in the mood for the ultimate dramatic looks. This season, all you would-be-brides, draw your inspiration from our 18 carefully handpicked hairstyles apt for an Indian wedding. From neat to messy look, you can flaunt a ballerina bun on the cocktails, French braid on the mehndi night and finally the side-swept loose curls on the wedding day.
1. Traditional bun goes modern: A bun is probably one of the most versatile hairstyles. It looks just the best with a saree. And when decorated with flowers, beautiful maang tikka or any other hair accessories, the bun looks festive. To add glamour to your otherwise traditional or simple bun, opt for a puffed look. This hairstyle can transform you from an Indian-classic-beauty to a vintage-themed-princess. For a puffed-look, all you got to do is hair up a bit by using pins to hold it in place. Back-combing the upper section of hair can also help achieve this look.
2. Side swept swirl: A side-swept hairstyle suits all hair-textures. But, we recommend you definitely try it out if the hair is wavy to curly. Besides, side-swept curls or swirls look good with a lehenga, saree, salwaar kameez and even an Indo-western fusion outfit. All that you really need is a good quality curling rod and a hair hairspray. Customize the look whichever way you fancy. One can also secure a few strands with bobby-pins for a neater look. For finishing touches, adorn your ears with danglings.
3. Braided bun: If you are looking to add more style and elegance to the traditional or Ballerina bun, then opt for a braided look. It’s easy-to-do. Moreover, you can either choose to have a neater braided look or a messy one. This depends on the outfit, makeup, and your personality. Look at Sonam Kapoor’s latest pictures floating on Pinterest. She looks absolutely ravishing in a designer saree, large jhumkas and the multiple floral strands that decorate her braided bun!
4. Messy braid: Indian braids are simple and way-too-traditional. In southern parts of India, brides look absolutely amazing in traditional braids and lovely Kanjeevaram sarees. But, the latest trend allows them to customize this hairstyle as per their liking. And that’s the most amazing thing about braids. You can be so flexible with how you wear these plaits! There are several options in embellishing the braided hairstyle. Accessorize your Indian-bridal-braid-hairstyle by either using flowers or hair accessories easily available in the market. Braids aren’t only restricted to South India. In fact, any bride can experiment with this hairstyle and wear it to perfection. Even a Dutch or a Fish-tail can be worn with the dreamy-messier feel to it. For a classier look, wear a side-messy braid. Team it up with an evening gown for a sexy you!
5. Low chignon: Neatly done low bun tied almost nearly at the nape of the neck, decorated with beautiful flowers is perfect for an ethnic Indian diva to sport with her designer bridal lehenga or a traditional saree. This hairstyle can never ever go out of fashion.
6. Open hair: Open hair is an ideal hairstyle for Indian brides. It comes with over 100 variations. One of the popular options is the half tied-up and half left loose hairstyle. Another variation trending a lot these days is loosely-done-waves-or-curls. They give bounce and volume to an oval-shaped face.
Get more ideas:
You might also like: