by Mansi Kohli
Kareena Kapoor’s showstopper look emulated in seven easy steps. Just follow this easy pictorial makeup tutorial!
Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor never fails to impress us as a fashion icon. What we women love best about her is the actors grit and determination to challenge herself onscreen in every role she plays. But the best was when she said she wasn’t going to be confined, even though she was expecting her first child. Way to go girl! And that she proved once again, walking the ramp at the recently held LFW for ace bridal designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee. Kareena looked stunning in a Sabyasachi number, flaunting her baby bump and making a scintillating rage on the stage. She kept the signature Kareena charm all over, and made magic happen walking on the ramp and adding that oomph factor at the show!
She was au naturale. Just because she was all dolled up in gold sequins’ and shimmery shine, it didn’t mean that her makeup for the showstopper effect has had to be loud. Here is a thing or two which we can learn from the Bollywood star- less is more- Kareena proved the same again! If you would like to emulate the showstopper look, we are here to show you how to do the same.
1. Cleanse, tone and moisturize your skin: A very important three step ritual to follow, before you apply foundation on your skin. This helps absorb the pigment better and closes the pores too.
2. Choose foundation one shade lighter to your skin: For oily skin to combination skin, using derma pan sticks would be best. For normal to dry skin, using supra based palettes would be best.
3. Once the foundation is applied, look at your face in the mirror under yellow lights: If you notice dark circles under the eyes, dark spots on the cheeks or the chin and blemishes anywhere, use an orange concealer to hide them all. Apply and blend with a foundation brush.
4. For the cheeks to have a healthy glow, just on the apples of the cheeks and all the way to the temples: Apply your highlighter, and below that apply a stroke of pink or peach blush. The same should be done on both cheeks. Blush should be used from the hollow of the cheeks to the temple zone.
5. Contouring is necessary: Contouring is important on the bridge of the nose, the hollow of the cheeks and the jawline area, and if need be, the forehead too. Apply light powder matte brown shadow to these areas and with a dry sponge, dab it upwards. This will help create an illusion of slimness and make the facial features sharper.
6. For the lips: Its best to keep it as natural as possible with a hint of pink shimmery gloss to create a pouty effect. Line the lips with a nude lip pencil, and within the lining, dab a little white shimmer powder to begin with. Then use pink shimmer gloss- just one stroke all over the lips within the lining, and blend the white powder and the gloss.
7. For the eyes: Kareena wore her eyes sultry – brown matte eye shadow to wash the eyelids with should be your first move. The next move would be using a light shimmer brown shadow from the inner corner of the eyes to the mid section of the eyes, and a darker shimmer brown shadow from the mid section to the outer corner of the eyes. Use a blending brush to blend the demarcation in the middle and until the crease of the eyes. For the brow bone, shimmer white or peach powder from the arch of the brow to the outer corner of the eyes should be used to highlight the zone. Use dark kohl to create a winged liner effect on the upper lids, and on the lower tear lash line. Place false lashes on each lid and apply three strokes of mascara.
You might also like: