by Tasneem Dhinojwala
Check out 6 amazing and simple beauty treatments based on home remedies!
Flawless skin, beautiful, lustrous hair is every woman’s dream. Beauty and skin products with promises are available in abundance. But going the natural way with easily available ingredients at home will not only give you the desired results but also prove economical.
Here are a few homemade formulas that can be easily tried at home.
1. Banana mint mask for fairness glow and spot removal:
The skin looks dark when there is lack of oxygen and blood and gives it a dull, tired and lifeless appearance. Causes of dark, dull and tired skin can be exposure to environmental hazards like pollution, dust, harsh ultra violet rays of the sun. Other reasons can be insufficient nutrition, lack of hygiene, and mental stress.
Ingredients and method:
1. Mash a banana in a bowl and add enough sugar for desired consistency.
2. Add a few drops of mint for cooling effect.
3. Mix together to form a thick paste.
4. Massage gently on your skin and let it dry.
5. Rinse with warm water.
2. Potato pulp for red spot, pimples and acne:
Potatoes contain vitamin C that is vital for maintaining skin health. This easily available ingredient can work wonders on the skin if used regularly.
1. Blend peeled potato in a blender.
2. Apply the pulp evenly on your face and massage gently.
3. Keep it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with water.
Continue it for few days to get clear spotless skin.
3. Cucumber for hydration and nourishment:
Cucumbers are rich in hydrating, nourishing and astringent properties that are very good for the skin. The overall appearance of the skin can get a makeover as cucumbers can repair damaged skin cells, remove them and give a fresh glow to the skin.
Combine equal amounts of cucumber and lemon juice. Apply it on your face and let it dry completely. Wash it off with warm water. Use it daily to get best results.
Honey has great moisturizing properties and its’ antibacterial too. Use it regularly in your homemade face masks to get a glowing skin.
1. Mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of milk and one teaspoon of gram flour.
2. After making a fine paste apply it all over your face and neck. Let it remain for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry your face.
4. Apply this mask atleast once a week for a radiant, clear skin.
5. Baking Soda – a wonder ingredient:
Just as a pinch of baking soda can turn around a dish in your kitchen, similarly it will give you excellent results when used in a face mask. pH levels are very important for a clear skin and baking soda helps you balance the levels. It also has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be also used as an exfoliator.
1. Take a teaspoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of lemon juice.
2. Mix thoroughly to make a paste. Before applying cleanse your face.
3. Apply it on the face with gentle circular motions and exfoliate the skin.
4. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel.
Hair fall and dandruff are the most common concerns bothering both men and women. By combining a few naturally easily available ingredients at home, you can be assured of a fantastic treatment at home!!
1. One liter coconut oil
2. Two aloe vera leaves
3. Methi (fenugreek) seeds
1. Slit two aloe vera leaves and fill in with methi. Tie the leaves properly and keep it overnight.
2. Next morning remove the seeds along with aloe vera pulp and grind it.
3. To this paste add coconut oil and four times water and grind into a paste.
4. Boil this mixture until all the water evaporates and only pure oil is left
5. To check whether total amount of water is evaporated add a drop of water, if there is crackling sound, means there is no water left, its pure oil.
6. Cool, strain and store the oil for future applications.
You might also like: