by Mansi Kohli
Buy them, wear them and own the Diwali scene with these ten jewelry pieces!
With Dhanteras coming soon and Diwali on its way following, it is that time of the year when we look for the trendiest of gold, silver, diamond and platinum or rose gold accessories to wear and flaunt. But which of them would be the perfect investment for a trendy flaunting to do? Let’s take a look at the trendiest and chicest of jewelry pieces to buy and wear; owning Diwali is a must this time in these gorgeous metallic beauties!
1. A statement neck-piece: What we would like to see most PYTs wear with their ethnic ensembles would be a trendy neck-piece that makes a fashion statement, and add to that matching earrings that bring on the festive mood too.
2. Kundan studded jhumkas: Kundan will never go out of style, no matter what season or event you may be dressing up for. Match them with studded pearls and with any Indian ethnic wear, the kundan rule is a must-do.
3. Chic jadau necklaces: Chic jadau necklaces are amazing to wear and can be worn with dangling earrings or stud tops in pearls too. Wear them with sarees, salwars or lehengas and the look comes through as elegant and haute.
4. Gold chaandbaalis: Our love for chaandbaalis can never end, and will always remain an evergreen saga. There would never be enough of them around to be happy with, which is why this Diwali, having another set of them is a must- gold that too!
5. Backlaces to bring back the sexy back: If you are wearing a backless choli for the Diwali parties and wouldn’t want to keep it bare, a backlace number in gold can be the right accessory to wear. Pick one that has minimal studs embellished on it, and with strings of gold dangling!
6. Large maangtikkas: Don’t we just love the maangtikkas large? With big stones in the middle and gold all around? If that is what you want for the evening to flaunt whilst wearing your lehenga choli, a maangtiika quite big to grace the front-line on your head is a must!
7. Designer diamond sets: Once in a while, a little more than the usual indulgence in diamonds is a must! This time though, we would look at designer diamond sets, with whites and colors in a mix but solid hues gracing our personalities!
8. Quirky dangling earrings: Not the jhumkas or the chaandbaalis that we so love, but streams of silver metal hanging from the ears and quite long, or in platinum or white gold that too- we need pretty dangling earrings in white to wear at Diwali.
9. Quirky bangles: Gold is a must with them since it matches the Indian skin tone well. However, for a daring touch with bangles, let’s play with twists and turns- a gold twist in bangles would be an ideal way to flaunt a sassy personal style!
What’s your list on jewellery designs and items like?
You might also like: