by Mansi Kohli
Here are best of the best lipstick colors to sport this festive season!
Whether you wear blush or not, or dress up the eyes in glittery shadows this festival season, you just cannot ignore those lovely lips. Lovely lips in prettiest of pinks, reds, browns and more, we have it all for you. So let’s take a look at the trending lip colors for this season that you should own, wear and flaunt.
1. Play with nude pinks: If you plan on wearing dramatic eyes and want to flaunt haute lips, you have got to focus on the balanced look or else it would look overdone and OTT, which we don’t want to see. What you need is a matte creamy texture for the lips without being too glossy and that would stay for long.
Zuri recommends: Rimmel London Kate Moss Collection – Shade 16
2. Hot red lips for sure: We like them ruby red, and glossy soft too, which is why you would need a finish with a moisturizing touch. The cool toned flavor for the lips is a flattering one and looks best on dusky to ebony skin. Use this one for the evening and work with solid hued cool toned outfits as well; you would be a hit!
Zuri recommends: Maybelline Colorsensational – Jewels Rubylicious
3. Tomato red lips: Creamy and luscious should be your lips, which gel well into the festive look that too. Wear them with metallic shades on your ensemble and you would look no less than a Bollywood diva. What you need is a non-staining formula for the lips this festival season!
Zuri recommends: Revlon matte lipstick – Really Red
4. Pinks it is!: There can never be a season or an event or a festival without the pink lips around, which is why we would look at coral pinks for an answer this time. A blended shade of pink and coral would match well with any Indian skin tone and compliment it too. Lightweight, shimmer infused so fine and that which flatters your lips, why wouldn’t you want to make pink do the talking?
Zuri recommends: Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-Less Lipstick – Coral Incentive
5. Feel a little rebellious?: Festivities are a time when you let the inhibitions go out of the window, and this is why you need a rebellious touch so chic. A plumish-fuchsia touch with reds in it works like magic on dusky and sultry Indian skin tones, and with a satin stay that too. If you are bold, adventurous and one of a kind to wear what you feel like, this is a look that speaks of contrasts and a must-have too!
Zuri recommends: MAC Lipstick – Rebel
6. Intensity be the name of the game: Creamy, hot and with shimmery touches so fine, the intensity of a lipstick in fuchsia cannot be undermined. The texture has to be smooth and the staining pigments should last long while the festivities are on. This is a sure hit for a very glam sham look to achieve!
Zuri recommends: L’Oreal Color Riche – Intense Fuchsia
7. Earthy browns tonight: Keeping it a little low key and shy this time, but you still can dress those lips up to make them a little haute than the usual times. An earthy touch of browns with creamy touches and glamorous hits is what you need.
Zuri recommends: L’Oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire – Scarlet Concerto
So which one is it going to be? Let us know!
You might also like: