by Vaishali Sudan Sharma
Here are 6 trendy, in-vogue lipstick shades to wear this winter season! Indulge in these tempting shades now
The much-awaited winter season is here. Cold weather calls for sporting bright colors. A dash of bright red over a gray overcoat, a hint of chic purple teamed up with a beige jumper.. Say goodbye to the dull, lazy routine and flaunt the best and brightest makeup colors. The easiest way to snap out of a beauty rut is by wearing on one of our highly recommended and favorite winter lipstick shades to amp up your style statement!
Whether it is a deep purple or berry color, one of the beautiful ways to look sizzling hot during the dark days of winter is to scream cold-season chic. You can choose a lipstick with a balm like moisturizer in it or a combination of a lip gloss and lip stain. Whatever suits you, the idea is to keep your lips hydrated and supple at the same time. Here are our top 6 suggestions:
1. Crimson lips: If you are a daring, courageous woman who wants to beat the winter blues in style then crimson pout is your style! If you are averse to wearing a kick-ass red lipstick but looking for something similar then make a makes a bold, velvety, yet subtle statement with crimson shade. This shade looks super cute on fair skin. Team it up with cat style eyeliner look and orange blush on the cheeks.
Zuri recommends: Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick – Matte Crimson
2. Fresh fruity look: This winter, embrace tooty-fruity look for your lips and welcome freezing-cold weather in style. What is fresh-fruity look all about? If that is what you have been wondering then let’s unveil the shade for you. So this is the hot pink lipstick which is probably the hottest neon fuchsia pink in a matte finish you would have ever seen in your life! After-all on a cold winter morning, all one needs is to shine like a star. The purpose can be achieved with the intense color that is creamy, soft and packed with incredible moisturizing power.
Zuri recommends: Colorbar Matte Touch Lipstick- Tooty Fruity
3. Rosy pinkish-nude: A matte-finish, rosy pink that’s not too loud or overtly feminine. It applies like a gloss, feels like a balm, but leaves the prettiest stain of natural pink that you can still find the next morning. One can also opt for a naturally nude shade. It’s a lipstick for those that don’t typically wear bright colors. A bit of a shimmer in the naturally nude will give you an edge over a simple-winter-y-look as the subtle rosy nude-ish shade will blend with the natural lips. Besides, wearing a lipstick will keep your lips hydrated and supple.
Zuri recommends: Lotus ECOSTAY Long Lasting Lipstick -Bubbly Nude
4. Yummy Toffee: The perfect mix of brown, red, and nude that flatters all skin tones. Ideal for the Indian skin tone, a delish-toffee colored pout can be sported beautifully during day-time and it looks sexy at night as well. Accessorize well while stepping out for a special occasion. Toffee colored lips look exceptionally awesome with brown cheeks and a shimmery-brown eyeshadow. Don’t hesitate to wear statement neckpiece or just about a pair of earrings in dull-gold.
Zuri recommends: Lakme 9 To 5 Matte Lip Color- Toffee Nexus
5. Sheer Black: And you thought black wasn’t your cup of tea? Think again. Best suited for a dark complexion, this winter swipe some sheer black lipstick over any other shade (it can combine with red and wine shades, or on top of black lips, apply a golden glitter) to give it a goth-sexy edge. If you are up for that, there is one thing you should definitely consider while making a purchase. Do opt for a long-lasting finish as it tends to be more noticeable when it starts to come off.
Zuri recommends: MAC Cremesheen – Black Knight
6. Shimmery gold: Wear this metallic-nude lipstick alone, or layer it over another to add a touch festive-Christmas galore. Even during the great Indian wedding season, if you have chosen to wear any outfit which has a detailed golden embroidery, then a dash of shimmery gold on your lips is only going to add so much oomph to your overall style statement!
Zuri recommends: MAC Lustre Lipstick- Rouge a Levres
You might also like: