Very useful eye makeup tips for winters to get that dewy look revealed!
We wonder if we could ever get hat dewy winter eye makeup look that we see around, and want so much- the answer is yes. Yes you can get that look and when you read what we have found for you, you would be surprised to know that these eye makeup tips are so easy to emulate. Winter is when the shift from all things powdery to all things creamy, and for every skin type should be the norm; makeup and cosmetic wise. So let’s take a look at some of the useful makeup tips for the eyes which bring around the much needed dewy sexy look we all want!
1. Check on the primer: The base or the primer of the eye should be the first thing in utmost importance to decide upon. Remember, it is winters and your eye shadow pigment may not sit right if the base isn’t done well. The base should be light and in liquid form only- even if you have oily skin. This helps eradicate the flaky eye look and the crease lines, and brings a pretty appearance too.
Zuri recommends: Revlon Photoready Eye Primer plus Brightener, 0.08 Fluid Ounce
2. Light shades to wash the lids: When washing the eyelids, use a matte light tone and shade. Before you apply any pigment to deck up the eyes, a matte shade of eyewash should be done. This helps set the base better and further camouflages the creases on the eyelids too. You should check for neutral brown matte shades for the same.
Zuri recommends: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette
3. Dark glossy touches for the lids: When applying eye shadow and choosing the same, it would be wise to apply glossy cool tones for the night, with a hint of shimmer and glitter. For the day, it could be warm tones with smokey eyes. A balance of the two – light inside and dark outside can be worn for an early evening party.
Zuri recommends: Revlon Colorstay Shadow Links Eye Shadow
4. Smoke up your eyes: For the sultry winter look, a dark shade of brown to contour the eyes with should be done. Along with this, you can have the darkest shade of black decking up the mid section to the crease lines of the eye lid. To complete the look, a hint of shimmer can always be added to the socket zone of the eyes.
Zuri recommends: Maybelline New York The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
5. Dark kohl liners: Not one, not two but three strokes of dark kohl- winged or classy or just as you like it should be applied to the lids on top. For the lash line below, use a thick dark pencil and smudge the lashes with them. If you wish to have a dramatic touch to the kohl, you can sprinkle a little white glitter on the ends of the kohl line.
Zuri recommends: Lakme Eyeconic Kajal, Black, 0.35g
6. Pop up the eyes: Use a white shimmery powder to highlight the inner corner of the eyes and the brow bone of the eyes, before you apply the desired shades of pigment to do your eye makeup. This helps especially if you have deep set eyes or asian hooded eyes.
Zuri recommends: Glamcom Pearl White Professional Terracotta Eye shadow
7. Long lashes are a must: To have long lashes, you could either buy and use fake eye lashes or extend what you have naturally by wearing mascara thick and strong. Three strokes of mascara are a must to wear, and dipping the spoolie of the mascara stick into a cotton ball and then into the mascara pot, helps make the lashes long- the cotton fibres stick to your natural lashes- creates an illusion of length.
Zuri recommends: Maybelline Volum Express Mascara, Black (10.7ml)
Do you have your own winter eye makeup tips to help our readers with? We would like to hear from you, do write in!
by Mansi Kohli
You might also like: