by Mansi Kohli
This Lohri, take your cues from our guide to best fashion ideas and celebrate the festival with great fervor!
Christmas left us happy, new year left us fashionable and now in 2017, with Lohri on its way, we cannot disappoint the onlookers; not when they know what a fashionista you are. So keeping that tradition of all things fashionable, and with a dose of heavy tradition meeting the new-age fashion sense, we are here to show you eighteen amazing and very haute outfits or fashion statements to strut around and socialize in this Lohri. Take a look and think about which fashion statement to make.
1. Gorgeous in pinks: If you like a flamboyant touch now and then, a georgette Anarkali suit in pink would help churn in the lohri vibe this year. With a touch of santoon and japan crepe fabric to its name, a stylish Anarkali suit in such tones would be a haute statement to wear.
2. A pop of color for the evening: Who doesn’t love color, and especially since winter is on its way out with the season of spring coming right forth. This is why, Punjabi suits in pretty gorgeous warm tone shades with sequined embellishments should be worn as fashion statements.
3. Embroidered suits: For the woman that loves to play it simple and chic at the same time, gorgeous matte toned Punjabi suits with achromatic embroidery done on it makes a good fashion stance to play along with. Paired with jhuttis for the feet and a maang tikka for the hair, the look comes as clean and complete.
4. Elegant red and golds: For a very formal occasion, where you know that you would be noticed, dressing up for the event in elegant tones is a must. May we suggest the amalgamation of fashionable touches in red and golds, on an A-line Punjabi suit for the evening?
5. When east meets the west: For the girl that loves her traditional upkeep but wants a sassy western vibe on Lohri night to flaunt, here’s a chic Indo-western number to flaunt. Emulate the idea of a hot pink Tulip skirt with a sexy scallop mirror crop top and make heads turn at the Lohri evening saga!
6. Play with shades of neutral tones: Neutral tones can help amp up the Lohri fashion statements when worn right, which is exactly what we are going to show you right now. An embroidered neutral toned overcoat to keep warm and toasty in, over a cropped top and a lehenga skirt in nude shades calls for more than just a happy gaze!
7. All thing lemony: To bring on more oomph to your bohemian personality this Lohri, wearing lime yellow in matte tones, palazzo pants and paired with a flowy cape top can bring in plenty of accolades to begin the year with as a trendy fashionista!
8. A shade of gray: Should you wish to be a little more than the usual western in your Lohri fashion statement, you could emulate Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor in a chic tunic top (gray) and a pair of crisp white cropped pants, with a statement neckpiece to flaunt minimalism trends at the festival.
9, Mesmerizing Anarkalis for the night: Floral Anarkalis were the norm last year, and this year too it seems the trend wouldn’t hold back. With a backless twist this time, and in matte tones too, floral Anarkalis are haute fashion ensembles to wear for the Lohri event.
10. Sheer is here: For the love of all things sheer and net, your Indo-western lehenga choli suit could be made from the same, with brocade pants for company and a satin sleeveless top to oomph up the diva-ish touch for the evening!
Here are a few more ideas:
Have a blessed and a very fashionable Lohri!
You might also like: