by Mansi Kohli
Here are your 10 best outfit inspiration from the world of Bollywood to amp up your fashion statement this festive season!
Don’t we just love the music, the movies and the glamorous outfits as seen on our dearest silver screens? The Indian film industry has come a long way, and not once has it left the traditional ethnic Indian touch to chance, but rather used it beautifully to deck up our actors haute and glamorous. From weddings to festivals and more, every screen shot of Bollywood has leading ladies in the chicest of Indian ethnic wear, worn with utmost pride and total swag that too. Let’s take a look at ten of the most glam sham fashion statements for inspiration as worn by our desi belles! Take a look!
1. Pretty in peaches: A total one-piece Anarkali halter neck suit with ciggy pants in the same shade of peach below, the embellishments in gold on the bust line and the waist makes it a sexy ensemble to wear and flaunt, keeping up with fashion and traditions alike for the festive season!
2. Embroidery galore: Can we Indian ladies stay away from chic Indian embroidery? The answer is well all too obvious. And this is why, we would take a cue from Bollywood diva Sridevi wearing a Punjabi embroidered suit and palazzo pants, painting the town red in a Manish Malhotra number.
3. Glitter and shimmer all the way: To ring in the festive mood and for the late night parties you have been called too, dressing up like Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor is a must. In a show of hauteness at one of the fashion weeks, the actor was decked up in a gorgeous neutral toned lehenga choli, with a sheer dupatta and sequin embellished lehenga gown.
4. Gorgeous monotone salwaar suits: If you wish to ring in the festive mood wearing salwar suits, A line salwars with plenty of chikankari work or ethnic embroidery on it with a touch of bling does wonders. Pair the look with heels for the feet and a clutch in hand to bring an oomph touch around!
5. A shimmer white number: Whites with embellishments in metallic tones on a lovely evening gown, more on the desi notes can make a haute fashion statement too. Complete the look with a chignon for the hair, heels for the feet and a clutch in hand to make a fashion statement at the parties!
6. A bohemian rhapsody: Singing out the tunes of the bohemian rhapsody, are you? This festive season, decking up as a gypsy queen for the festive season comes in handy. A handloom lehenga skirt can be worn with a silk shirt and plenty of oxidized accessories to make a rustic fashion statement turn out chic!
7. Pop of yellows: This festive season, anything but red would be the talk of the town. Paint the town in yellows this time with an embroidered lehenga choli, dressed in light to mustard yellows and with ethnic statement accessories to complete the look.
8. Cant ignore the sarees!: Sarees in silks and with a touch of Bengal on them; reds and whites preferably and worn with a designers touch, can be a haute statement to flaunt at very formal occasions and events you have been invited to.
9. Layered Anarkalis: Play monotone or achromatic, layered Anarkalis with sheer long tops would be a wonderful way to flaunt your edgy fashion sense to the world. Perfect for elegant formal do’s to flaunt at, the look comes as regal with heels for the feet.
10. Stripes and edges: Sarees to wear would be a plenty to choose from, but what about the choli? Instead of running for the same old boring taste, think different and play with metallic touches in golds and silvers. Edgy blouses make fashion statements too.
You might also like: