by Vaishali Sudan Sharma
Five absolutely hassle-free remedies to maintain long hair!
Most women often complain of the complexities related to maintaining lengthy hair. That’s why they just opt for short or medium length haircuts. However, we just crave for Rapunzel-like-long-tresses. One has a lot of hairstyle options to try out when the length is good and the texture is healthy. Thick, shiny, lustrous and bouncy hair pulled back into a gorgeous ponytail or a glamorous bun adds glory to your overall look and personality! Knowing how to create these magical hairdos is a plus point but the question is- how to achieve healthy hair?
Here are some of the best home remedies that are sure to take care of your long hair and keep them healthy too:
Popular home remedies to maintain healthy hair:
1. Massaging with olive oil on regular basis: Who doesn’t like a good hair massage. It is the best remedy to calm yourself. Massaging with warm oil on to the scalp not only soothes your nerves but also keeps you relaxed. Likewise- a good hair massage of olive oil keeps your hair happy. Leave it for about 2 hours and then rinse with shampoo.To get rid of dandruff, mix the oil with some vinegar or lime juice.
2. Egg treatment: Be it an egg-based hair mask or massaging the hair with egg yolk, a regular protein treatment maintains the thickness of your hair. It also nourishes them naturally. Massaging the hair-length with egg-yolk on your scalp or applying a mask made from the mixture of 2-3 egg yolks, 1 tbsp olive oil and three drops of Vitamin E can be a wonderful hair remedy in maintaining lengthy hair.
3. Beer conditioning: A popular remedy is to rinse your hair with leftover beer. How to go about it? Well! Pour some beer into a spray bottle. Shampoo and lightly towel dry hair. Lightly spray beer into the hair-length. Beer is meant to be an excellent hair conditioner. It has properties that can return the shine to your hair. Leave the treatment on hair for 10 minutes and then rinse and shampoo hair. You can repeat the procedure at least once in two weeks for best results. This treatment will soften and condition your hair.
4. Strawberry-mayonnaise paste: An extremely delicious home remedy which ensures your hair-length is maintained and also takes care of the general health of your hair. Here is what to do. Make a paste of mashed strawberries in one tablespoon mayonnaise. Massage into damped hair. Cover with a shower cap, then a warm towel. Wash out with a shampoo and conditioner combination after half an hour for glossy, well-conditioned hair!
5. Gooseberry (amla) powder and lime juice mask: One of the age-old home remedies to boost the growth of your hair is still one of the most tried-and-tested remedies still going strong. Mix 1 tbsp of amla powder in lemon juice (mix it really well) and apply it on the hair-length. The idea is to gently massage the mixture on the roots of the hair and scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing and shampooing. You will be happy with the results.
Other useful tips:
- Stay away from heating devices such as blow-dryers, flat irons, curlers, straighteners etc. Applying heat right after the hair-wash can further strip the moisture content from your hair making it dull and frizzy. When overused, hair can be damaged permanently.
- When drying your moist or wet hair, it is best to pat them gently. Do not ever rub. It can cause severe breakage.
- Use homemade hair masks that are best suited for your hair-type. Homemade masks nourishes the hair and keeps the strands healthy.
You might also like: