by Aarti Singh
Vitamin C (brightens skin), Xanthan Gum (thickening agent, texture enhancer), Shea Butter, Lavender Oil, Peppermint Oil, Orange Extract (strong anti-oxidant), cilantro seed oil (encourages the regeneration and repair of skin after pollution damage), China clay (oil absorber).
HOW IT LOOKS/FEELS:
Kiehl’s Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque (Rs.1350/- for 28ml) is a buttery smooth mint green-colored paste. The consistency is that of a cream – but it absorbs into the skin like a gel. It does leave a faint green shadow on the skin when applied. Post application, there is a cooling sensation which feels very soothing and refreshing. The skin also instantly feels nourished. If more quantity is applied, it could feel heavy on the skin – but that is good, especially of applied at night like a ‘sleeping masque’. The mask tingles slightly when you first apply it, but absorbs quickly.
WHY WE LIKE IT:
The wipe-off or leave on mask, is so amazingly nourishing and protective that you feel the difference from the first use itself. It reverses the effect of pollutants and makes the skin looking radiant. The all-in-one beauty treatment adheres to skin very well. If you leave it on overnight, do take a damp washcloth and wipe off early morning to actually see how much dirt and pollution this mask sucks off your skin.
- The morning after applying it, my skin looked clear, fresh, and tight. I woke up feeling like my face was plump and hydrated, yet also firm!
- After using it every night, the facial pores became really diminished.
- After a week of daily use, I even noticed that the very fine lines are nearly gone.
- After using it for a fortnight consecutively, three times per week, I can see that my skin is brighter and acne marks are much lighter! The odd pimple or eruption has also reduced.
- The masque does do a good job of brightening and intensely hydrating your skin in just 5 minutes. My face was super soft, deeply hydrated and noticeably brighter.
- May feel heavy to those who have really oily skin.
- The AHA in the product is especially beneficial in tackling breakouts – but this also makes the skin sensitive to the sun. So it is extremely important to use extra sunscreen when you are using this product.In the day, when you’re more likely to be exposed to the sun and UV rays, it won’t be advisable to have this on your skin.
HOW TO APPLY:
As a thin but visibly green layer on the skin after all your skincare (night serum/moisturizer) at night, wait 10 minutes, wipe off excess lightly with a tissue and go to sleep without washing off.
Zuri’s rating on Kiehl’s Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque – 4/5
You might also like: