by Aarti Kapur Singh
If you didn’t know about these awesome makeup tips and tricks, then it’s time to read on and follow the same for an amazing looking you!
Makeup is an integral part of a girl’s life. And it can be a lot of fun to experiment with and to apply. And you need not be a professional makeup artist to achieve a just-out-from-the-salon perfect makeup look. There are all kinds of little tricks you can use that will make applying cosmetics much easier and ensure that you are applying them correctly for the most optimum results. In fact, there are some tips that once you start following, you will begin to wonder how were you even bothering with makeup without them in the first place!
Here are 6 awesome makeup tips and tricks you cannot live without:
1. Prep your face: Before you apply anything with a mist or rosewater, it is important to prepare your skin. The first step is to apply a mist. By applying a rose mist on your face with a spray bottle it refreshes your skin, adds lustre to the texture and allows all other products to soak in.
Zuri Recommends: Faces Hydro Face Mist 50 ml
2. Make good use of a moisturizer: Always apply moisturizer before foundation or even primer, depending on your skin tone. If you put on foundation without moisturizer, your skin will suck up the moisture in that foundation, magnifying wrinkles and dry patches. Mixing a bit of highlighter in your moisturizer gives a fantastic diffused glow to the skin.
Zuri Recommends: Lakme Maximum Peach Milk Moisturizer
3. Selection of the eye shadow: Choose a shadow color that is the opposite of your eye color. This makeup trick will bring out the color of your eyes. If you have blue eyes, wear a shade that has brown, copper, bronze, plum or terracotta tones. Enhance brown eyes with blues, purples and greens.
Zuri Recommends: Lakme Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette, French Rose
4. Make shadow pop: Cover your eyelid with white liner to make any eye shadow shade pop. To make a sheer or less pigmented eye shadow appear more colorful on your eyelid, take a white eyeliner pencil and run it over your entire eyelid. The opaque consistency of the liner will intensify any eye shadow shade and make it pop instantly against your skin.
Zuri Recommends: NYX – Jumbo Eye Pencil – 608 Cottage Cheese
5. For a sexy pout: Mix loose pigments with a salve or petroleum jelly to make your own custom lip gloss. If you have loose eye shadow pigments that you’re obsessed with and want to wear as a lip shade, blend it with a little bit of a salve or petroleum jelly in a spoon and swipe it onto your lips. Voila!
Zuri Recommends: MAC Crush Metal Pigment Collection – Stack 1! (Limited Edition)
6. Thick eye-line strokes: Colored eye pencils can work very well instead of black as it doesn’t look harsh and adds a pop of color to the eyes. These pencils cane be smudged lightly to create a slight smokey effect and you have your colored smoky eyes in less than a minute ! Do remember to always sharpen eyeliner pencil. Even if you want thicker strokes, you must always sharpen your eyeliner pencil. Make sure it is thin so that the inside of your eye will be clean, therefore appearing bigger. Also, use side of pencil instead of the point – especially if you want thicker lines.
Zuri Recommends: Colorbar I Glide Eye Pencil, Electra
You might also like: