by Tasneem Dhinojwala
Get inspired by the best of fashion ideas to sport this Valentine’s Day!
Valentine Day can be another excuse for all you fashionistas to get all dressed and dolled up. Whether you are celebrating love for your beloved, other important people in your life, or the love that you have for yourself, looking your best can never be wrong. A perfect day to show your love for fashion, dig out from your wardrobe, mix ‘n’ match, or go for a new buy, celebrate love in style this Valentine. We bring to you some fashion ideas to choose from, depending on what mood you are in this year.
1. Feminine and flirty: Be a heady combination of the feminine and the flirty and knock him off his feet. Use the reds and the pinks to build that effect. Go for the kill with the tantalizing red, maybe a layered red top paired with a neon pink skirt. Keep the makeup nude, just highlight the eyes with black kajal and liner.
2. Wear your heart on your sleeves: Love is in the air and you show it in what you wear. Heart shaped printed outfits can make a style statement. For some it might sound tacky, but if you can carry it well, become the Queen of hearts and steal one. This can be girly and fun even if not red.
3. Sparkling chunky jewelry: To enjoy the funk and fun of V-day, go for sparkling chunky jewelry with your outfits. Be it chunky earrings or a big silver belt, statement neckpieces or trendy bracelets, add on to your style quotient with any of these or a combination that completes your look. You are definitely going to turn more heads.
4. The sequined look: A dash of sequins does add glamour to anything you wear. You can either go for a full sequined dress or accessorize it with a sequined belt, clutch, hair accessories or footwear. For a sensual, flirty look you can try some sequined lingerie over a sheer red top.
5. Silk, satin and velvet: Feminine to the core, these fabrics have a soft sensual feel to them. Opt for any one of them. Combine your outfit with makeup to either create a soft feminine look or the ultra modern sensual look. These fabrics work either ways. For example, a soft pink satin gown or frock will give you a demure petite look, when you combine it with toned down eye makeup, pink lips and flushed cheeks. On the other hand, a dress in red silk when paired with red lipstick and dark smokey eyes will definitely give you the bold and sensual look.
6. A love-hate look: This last one is for those who do not believe in celebrating Valentines’. You can be dressed in all black and add a dash of red in the form of red lips, red scarf, belt or bag. You can be the Valentine’s Day vamp in all your glory ☺
You might also like: