by Aarti Kapur Singh
HOW IT LOOKS/FEELS:
The Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick – Peach Blush (Rs 599/- for 2.5gms) is a nude – not really very peach but a soft brownish nude, I would compare it very much to Desert Rose from Chambor. The soft peach with brown undertones is perfect to wear for work as well as party. This particular shade will suit light to medium skin tones beautifully but it might wash out duskier to dark complexions. The texture is a little sticky – but not irritatingly so. In fact, I think it does not dry out my lips. It glides on smoothly and after a minute of application ‘sets’ to a moist-matte finish – not a dry matte. I think this is what makes Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick smudge-resistant and long lasting. The color provides a little less than opaque coverage in a single swipe. But just two swipes and the color goes perfectly opaque.
WHY WE LIKE IT:
The best shades to adorn your lips in summers are on two ends of the colour spectrum – either very bright or totally nude. This is a nude lipstick shade that I feel will look good on all skin tones. The colour lasts more than 8 hours. The lipsticks are enriched with Vitamin E and anti-aging oxidants. The formula of Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick is divine. It applies smoothly and is an almost one coater if you have exfoliated and moisturized your lips and hour before application.
- Matte finish.
- Lasts close to five hours – with a little snacking.
- The cap has a click shut mechanism, thereby making it travel friendly.
- Contains no shimmers or micro glitters.
- Enriched with Vitamin E and anti-aging oxidants.
- Creamy texture gives smooth, water proof high coverage.
- When the color fades, it fades off completely without leaving any tint behind – perhaps because of the light shade.
- No list of ingredients.
- Might make dusky complexions look ‘washed out’.
- It does settle into the fine lines on the lips and clings to the dry patches. So make sure you moisturize and exfoliate your lips really well before applying the lipstick.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply it in a single swipe over scrubbed, clean and dry lips. Wait for a minute if you want to apply a second coat. I always buff my lips an hour before applying lipstick with a little malai and a soft muslin cloth. I did the same before applying the Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick.
Zuri’s rating on Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick – Peach Blush – 4.5/5
You might also like: