by Mansi Kohli
HOW IT LOOKS/FEELS:
SUGAR IT’S A-POUT TIME! VIVID LIPSTICK – CORALINE IN THE CITY (ORANGE-CORAL Rs 599 for 3.5gm). In one to two swipes, the lipstick gives good coverage with a reasonable pay off that goes on to last 3-4 hours easily, post which the color fades gradually from all over – leaving a beautiful visible hue of the lipstick behind. It has a creamy texture but unlike other creamy lipsticks available in the market, it doesn’t cross the boundaries of the lips or settles into the fine lines. I often use it without a lip liner and it gives a semi-matte finish. The finish, for first couple of minutes, is very satiny and shiny, gradually going towards a matte that feels comfortable on the lips.
WHY WE LIKE IT:
The lipstick is non-transferable and has a slight waxy feel to it. It has a faint vanilla scent, which fades away after a while. It is close to being a bright orange shade and helps in perking up the freshness of my skin color, leaving a fresh, youthful tint. It has sturdy black and bold look, which makes the packaging stand apart from other lipsticks in my makeup vanity.
- Longevity of the lipstick is great.
- It is free of mineral oil and parabens.
- It does not bleed on or after application.
- The pigmentation and coverage is good.
- It is quite affordable and is great for both summers and winters.
- You cannot afford to have chapped lips when applying this lipstick. Make sure to moisture your lips well with a lip balm and then apply the lipstick.
- It requires touch up every 3-4 hours.
- The packaging is uniquely cute, but it doesn’t have a shade indicator making it difficult to spot the shade.
HOW TO APPLY:
Always moisturize your lips well before applying this lipstick. Start applying the matte lipstick from the center of the upper lip moving outward towards the corners. Blot your lips with a tissue and reapply.
Zuri’s Rating on SUGAR IT’S A-POUT TIME! VIVID LIPSTICK – CORALINE IN THE CITY (ORANGE-CORAL) – 4/5
You might also like: