by Simran Gill
You might have the most amazing skincare routine in the world, but if you’re applying your products in the wrong order, you can prevent your skin from receiving the full benefits.
With all of the cleansers, toners, serums, and more out there, your skincare routine can get seriously overpowering. This can not only diminish the overall effectiveness of your routine, but it could even leave your skin irritated, dehydrated or broken out. Figuring out the right order to apply your skincare products, so that they are the most effective, can be quite difficult. An easy thumb rule to follow is to apply your products with the thinnest consistency to thickest, or from liquid to oil.
Below is a step-by-step guide to applying your skincare products:-
1. Wash your face: Wash your face with lukewarm water and a cream cleanser. Warm water helps lift the dirt out of your skin, but hot water can be too drying. After washing, dab your face with a towel otherwise it’ll stretch your skin and lead to wrinkles.
2. Cleanser: Apply a gentle cleanser next. Use a very little amount of cleanser that works with your skin type. Apply it to your face in a circular motion, making sure each spot gets covered with a tiny amount of cleanser. Keep massaging in a circular motion for forty five seconds.
3. Toner: Most people choose to skip toners, partly because there’s a persistent conjecture that most toners are harsh and irritate the skin. Fortunately, that’s not the case anymore. Using a toner is a great way to assure all dirt and oils are wiped away. Just make sure to avoid toners that contain alcohol.
Zuri recommends Lakme Absolute Pore Fix Toner
4. Serum: Next, it’s time to focus on any problematic areas. Serums are a great solution to patchy skin tone, dull skin, fine lines, and more. These concentrated lotions deliver active ingredients deep into pores, so ensure you’re using one that caters to your biggest skincare woes.
5. Sunscreen: You should ideally put it on before your daytime moisturizer. That’s because it works by penetrating deep into the skin, so you don’t want any creamy, oily products to reduce its absorption and lessen your protection.
Zuri recommends Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock
6. Moisturizer: No matter what your skin type, it’s important to use a moisturizer that contains SPF daily.
7. Under eye cream: The last step has to be an eye cream! The under eye area is the thinnest part of your skin, so it’s desperate for moisture. Massage a drop of eye cream under your eyes about half an inch under your brow bone.
You might also like: