by Tasneem Dhinojwala
Here’s our version of mermaid eye makeup for brown eyes
Mermaids are beautiful mysterious creatures who have been admired by all since centuries. Films have been made, books written on the mysteries of the undersea world, and the mermaid is always the attraction. Demure and innocent, extremely attractive, mermaids always evoke that feeling of aura around them. The mermaid look is also one of the most loved look amongst fashionistas. From costume parties or to the whacky wild makeup ideas, this look is one that can never go out of fashion. All you need to do is just imitate the sea colors in what you wear and the makeup you apply.
Here is a 5-minute mermaid eye makeup look exclusively for brown eyes.
- The basic start to any makeup, begin with a good eye primer to make a base.
- Then divide the almond part of your eyes into four equal parts.
- Starting from the inner corner of the eyelid, apply green shadow on the first part with an applicator.
- Move on to the next portion and apply jelly blue toned eye shadow. Use turquoise blue on the third portion. End with indigo towards the outer corner of the eye.
- Blur the edges by blending in well.
- Apply black eye liner on the upper eyelid and a deep blue one on the lower eyelid.
- Now use a crimson eye shadow all around the eyeball area, starting with the brow bone. This will define the mermaid eye shadow look better.
- Apply some black shadow towards the outer edge of the eyelid and blur the edges by blending in well.
- If you have dusky complexion then use brown instead of black for the outer edge.
- Finish off with a coat of mascara.
And Voila!, your mermaid eye look is ready in five minutes.If you want your mermaid look to be more stylish, you can add some glitter and stones at the outer crease of the eyes. You can even create some scaly effects for a more defined mermaid look. The look can be completed by wearing sea-colored inspired clothes – oceanic green and blue the prominent among them. Subtle sea related jewelery like replicas of dolphins, sea turtles and cute little fishes can be good options. Wear them in the form of bracelets, earrings or neckpieces to complete the overall look.
Eye shadows: Sephora Collection Color Wonderl & Neutral & Vivid Eyeshadow PaletteBlack eyeliner: Lakme Absolute Shine Liquid Eye Liner, BlackBlue eyeliner: Elle 18 Color Pop Eyeliner BlueMascara: Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara, Black
You might also like: