Home remedies for dandruff to help with an inflamed and flaky scalp
Dandruff can cause itching and redness of the scalp. Heat can worsen the condition. Men have it more often than women. For many people, the scalp becomes less flaky with age. Seborrheic dermatitis causes more severe dandruff. The affected skin and scalp becomes inflamed, very flaky, and greasy looking but the below home remedies for dandruff will definitely help.
You might feel that dandruff is more common in winter months, when in actuality those who have a flaky scalp tend to have them all year around. Sleeping with wet hair raises the chances of getting dandruff. The sweltering, damp environment is actually a breeding ground for the fungus that causes dandruff. And when you are washing your hair, stay away from very hot water, as this can cause discomfort and a flaky scalp!
Sweat after a workout or sport can lead to a damp scalp hence making it itchy and flaky. It can also lead to salt and dirt accumulation, which also leave behind debris that resembles flakes.
PREPARATION AND USE:
- Drop the tea tree essential oil into the flaxseed oil & blend.
- Apply the mixture generously to your scalp before bedtime.
- Wrap your head in a clean towel or cover your pillow with the towel to protect it.
- In the morning, shampoo & rinse your scalp thoroughly.
- Place the vinegar in a small pan and heat until nearly boiling.
- Remove from heat, stir in the rosemary, cover the pan, and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture & discard the herbs.
- Pour into a clean empty jar or bottle to store.
- After every shampoo, mix 1/4 cup of the solution with 2 cups of water. Use it to rinse your scalp thoroughly.