The subtle, classic bridal look will always be a wedding day staple, but many modern brides want to make more of a statement.
When all eyes – and camera lenses – are on you, it’s sometimes worth considering taking the natural bridal look up a gear for classic glamour that’s high-impact yet never trashy.
1. Prep and prime skin thoroughly before makeup application to ensure that your makeup lasts all day. Use foundation first, then concealer; build up the foundation from the centre panel of the face, sweeping out towards the hairline in thin layers. Use a cheek highlighter to create a dewy finish. Set the base with a mineral veil powder.
2. Add a light bronzer to warm the skin tone. I also used a darker bronzer below the cheekbones to contour the face.
4. Shade your eyes using three tones of light, medium and dark eyeshadow. With a foam applicator, highlight the inner corner and brow bone with a light shade. Choose a medium-warm color to contour the socket, then add a deep shade on the outer lid and into the socket. Blend all of these using a clean, soft blending brush.
5. Add a black eyeshadow along the top and bottom lash lines for a smoky effect, then apply waterproof mascara.
7. Use a soft rose blush on the cheeks. Brush a little over the eyes to bring all the makeup colors together.
8. Apply base and powder over the lips, then use a red lipliner to define the shape and fill in the lips completely to create a base. Powder lightly, then apply a soft red lipstick using a lip brush. These steps will help your lipstick last longer.